style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Can any one help.

Last year a charging order was placed on my property for an unpaid credit card. I know it should have been sorted then but hindsight is a wonderful thing. Anyway today i was visited by a bailiff who only left his telephone number and no other information as to why he was calling. Except from which court. After searching through some paper work i found a warrant of execution for the above credit card debt. Can a warrant of execution be issued on the same debt as the charging order. At present i am self employed and have been heavily hit by lack of work, My wife is also due to have a baby any day now so the finances will be affected in 2 ways one the extra responsibility and 2 the reduced wage from my wife. Please advise what is the best steps to take.

What was the condition on the charging order? and also what did it say on the warrant of execution?

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I dont know if there are any terms for the charging order. How do i find this out. I only know there is one because i got a letter from the land registry. As for the warrant it is titled Notice of issue of warrant of execution and then the total amount to pay. There is no other terms on there.

OK, in order to suspend the warrant of execution you need to enter a N245 form at court. You can download the form here: Her Majesty's Courts Service - Home Select Forms and Guidance from the menu on the left hand side and enter N245 in the box. You will then be taken to the page where you can download the form.

You should then fill in the form stating how much you can afford to pay monthly towards the debt. The fee for entering this form is £35.00. The court will then consider your offer and write to you with the outcome. While this form is in court the bailiff cannot enforce the warrant or call at your home. You should enter this form straight away, hand deliver to your local court where the bailiff is from.

Any further questions, just shout.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.