MBNA Cant pay Min Payment

sishe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5701 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi ya people, I'm new On here :)

Have a question , I have a card with MBNA Which is at its peak £6000, Due to new working arrangments , ( ie SALES JOB , Commision structure ) I cant pay my min payment. I am know 450.00 in arrears, :(

I keep gettin phone calls all the time, HOME, MOBILE , even have my WORK :(.

I have been paying them just not the min payment ,

Wot do I do next , any comments would be fantastic CHEERS :)

First step, log into (or sign upto) their online system. There you can change the telephone numbers they hold for you. If it won't accept you not giving them a number tell them one for the local cemetary or something equally silly (I've changed mine to one of a fax machine!).

You can also send them the letter (lots of tempates available) telling them to keep everything in writing but we know they don't tend to take much notice of those.

Next step would be to send of a CCA request to make sure they have all their paperwork straight. You can also then go on to claiming back charges, etc.

Above all keep smiling! :)

Nice thanks for the info :)

Day off work today !! I'm going to write a couple of letters to them today. Cant seem to get any help over the phone !! :(

Give you an insight to the last telphone call, ...... I RANG them (wot a mistake !!) . explained AGAIN I was struggling to pay min payment, I was told to get all my information together , ref income and outgoins so they could HELP me put together a payment plan..

I asked "when would I receive the paperwork to fill in" ? . Told to ring back again and they would happily do it over the phone with me !! . So like a MUG I did !!

RANG THEM AGAIN ... Long story short , got passed to about five different people, ended up with an Irish Guy... Explained everything to him, went through all my paperwork with him took 30 mins, he said that I was making a big mistake , and that he would only take off 40.00 from my min payment, BUT to put it in place I had to pay my ARREARS off 450.00 first... LOL , TOLD HIM TO GET A LIFE, SAID I NEEDED HIS HELP !! When I told him it was impossible for me to do that he put the phone down on me ,

MBNA WOT A BUNCH OF T....TS

• 2 weeks later...

Hi people,

I have today received a letter from Optima legal , saying We have been instructed on behalf of MBNA that you have fail to pay an outstanding balance.

As a result, have no alternative other than to commence legal proceedings to obtain a CHARGING ORDER ? ( wOT EVER THAT IS ) ??????

If you contact (012******) they maybe prepared to come to some areemant that will freeze interest and reduce payments (???) This MAY be your Final Opportunity to come to such an agreement

Can anyone give me some INPUT ??? As I have been paying them monthly .I'm about 400.00 in arrears ( Help would be great , :) Thanks for looking )

Hi,

A charging order is an order imposing a charge on specified property of a judgement debtor in order to secure the amount of the judgementdebt. The property that can be charged under such an order are: beneficial interests in land, a beneficial interest in government stock or in company shares, debentures or other securities (Charging Orders Act 1979 s.1 & 2 I think). Hope that answers that query for you.

wellfirstly stop talking to these jokers on the phone, do everything in writing.

i would try to avoid them getting an SD keep a very careful eye on paperwork that you get and ensure they do not do this via the sly methods they use.

you can read up on what to do using the search facility above, just type in statutory demand.

pay what ever you can afford PCM to MBNA via internet banking every month & KEEP DOING IT. i woould write to them telling them so too.

if things ever get to the court stage, the judge will laugh them out the door as you told them and paid them what you can currently afford.

you might also want to SAR them, you must be getting charges galore, which ofcourse you can claim back.

that will also have the advantage of putting the A/C into dispute, and stop them fwding you out to a dca.

read read and read more, on here, and you'll get stronger every day.

good luck

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, I'm a firm believer in Subject Access Requests. Not only do they give you all the documentation they hold on you (there are a few exceptions but not many) but they should also supply info in relation to any stated 'intentions' towards you. Well worth applying for as a general rule - not just for banks & financial institutions either!

wellfirstly stop talking to these jokers on the phone, do everything in writing.

i would try to avoid them getting an SD keep a very careful eye on paperwork that you get and ensure they do not do this via the sly methods they use.

you can read up on what to do using the search facility above, just type in statutory demand.

pay what ever you can afford PCM to MBNA via internet banking every month & KEEP DOING IT. i woould write to them telling them so too.

if things ever get to the court stage, the judge will laugh them out the door as you told them and paid them what you can currently afford.

you might also want to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) them, you must be getting charges galore, which ofcourse you can claim back.

that will also have the advantage of putting the A/C into dispute, and stop them fwding you out to a dca.

read read and read more, on here, and you'll get stronger every day.

good luck

dx

Thanks for the feedback guys :) . I have writen a couple of letters including S.A.R ...

Also one more question ! Am I right in thinking they can only use a Charging Order if I have missed payments setup in aCCJ ????

It just seems quite a severe action to take on someone who is in arrears for 400.00 ????

Yes, they need a judgement in their favour for the debt in the first instance then they can apply for 'enforcement' of the debt. They decide what type of 'enforcement' they wish to apply for (based on which of the methods they think will achieve them getting their money - charging orders being one method they can use. Attachment of earnings is another method if someone has an employer - get the idea? What they seek an order for will be based on how they feel they can get the debt paid, the time within which they feel they can get the debt to them paid quickest etc. Hope this helps and answers your question.