NCP, Roxburghe nonsense

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5712 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right I ballsed up, I was hit with a load of PCN's by NCP in a train station car park ignored them then last month got 7 letters from Roxbughe demanding £85 ignored them got the Graham white letters, and yesterday paid one of the fines and told them I intended to pay the rest on Monday, then something dawned on me and I checked here, read the various threads and am now wondering what to do - tell them politely to shove it? ignore them? pay up?

Also theres an interesting email chain between me and one of thier staffers

-----------

I can advise that the following contravention charges that need to be paid are:

All of these tickets are 85.00 each. There are 7 remaining which means a total of £595.00 needs to be paid.

Ticket reference xxxxxx was paid online to show intent. If you could get back to me on 01932 332049 and ask for myself Jaime Lee, then we will be able to discuss the outstanding fines.

Many Thanks

----

from me: Can’t speak on the phone at the moment as I am away, but I will settle the outstanding amount on Monday when I return or you can use my card details to hit it then.

By the way could you send me a break down of the £85 as I though parking fines were £60? This is something I will take up once the debt is settled.

SSC

----

Sir,

The breakdown of the fine includes a £50 standard fine and £35 miscellaneous charge due to lateness of payment and going to the DVLA to get your details. Shall I take the £595.00 out of your account Monday morning to clear the fines?

Jaime lee

Roxburghe UK Ltd

---------

Any ideas anyone? I'm certain now that the 'fines' are too high for a £6 a day car park Thier 'solicitor' is a fiction - and I'm tempted to tell them to get lost.

phone your card company now and make sure they are blocked from taking anything at all. they know that getting refunded will be a devil of a job and will swoop if you do not prevent them. that is the purpose of their 'show intent' rubbish.

I'm aware that others may disagree with this approach but, given that you have been in contact with them, I'd write along the following lines [from Bernie's template letters]

Dear Sirs,

Re: Your letter dated [dd/mmmm/yyyy] Reference[#]

Thank you for your captioned letter.

Since I wrote to you I have been doing some research.

I now understand that your “parking ticket” purported to have been issued with the force of law behind it. I now believe this not to be the case.

Would you please advise me what statute(s) and/or judicial precedent enable you to enforce this penalty against me.

In the meantime I absolutely deny your claim that the amount claimed, or any amount at all, is due to you from me.

Yours Faithfully

It is just that you are on record as having agreed to their "fine" so there should also be a record of your subsequent rebuttal.