My grandmother in residential care ( need help please)

jingles1964
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5712 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Grandmother moved in to a residential care home 6 weeks ago as she kept having falls and is unable to look after herself , she loves the new home . She owns 3/4 of her own home and has civil service pension £164.65 and attendance allowance£67.00 £72.73 state pention we expected that her house would have to be sold to help with the cost of the new home and her pensions , her home when sold should give a minimum of £50.000. but my father had a leagal rep from social services come and see him as he is my grans lasting power of attorney and they have got him to sign a form saying he will pay £25 a week as there will be a short fall the home costs £400.00per week , my father is on dla and benefits as he has diabeties and angina , when I spoke to the social services they told me the short fall was covered ? sorry to be long winded but what do I do as my father cant afford this and nether can I and If my gran passes away what happens to the moneys from her home ( I am not beeing cold but my dad has nothing from my gran through her going in to this home and surly if the worst were to happen then he would be the rightful owner of any moneys from the house .

Guest Old_andrew2018

when people move into a nursing/residential home there is often a worry of how these fees are to be paid, and quite rightly what would happen to any property they own.

I can only say I expect that most like your grandmothers are sold to fund this care, and to be quite frank care is expensive.

In your grandmothers case £21000 per annum, so within 3 years its gone, to work all your life and not be able to leave something for your loved ones is disgraceful IMO.

I am glad she is happy, hopefully making friends.