Eviction Date 9th Sept/hearing Tomorrow

gurucurt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5712 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone,

i have been issued with an eviction date of sept 9th

i have come to terms with leaving the property

here is the situation i have found a property to rent but will not realisticly move in for 3 weeks

i have filled out the n244 form and have a hearing tomorrow morning to ask them to suspend for a month ( dont even know if they do this )

my arguement being that i am moving out and have found somewhere but and this is what im relying on i have a 5 week old baby so this period in my life has been extra difficult

my questions are does anybody have any advice on what to say during the hearing and also does anybody know what my chances of geting a temporary suspension are??

cheers for any help

curt

Hi there, what exactly did you put in Q.10 of the N244?

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

hi

i have no paperwork with me at work but im assuming q.10 was the reasons why i want a suspension?

i simply stated that i had found a rental property and had agreed to move in but not by my eviction date

and that i have a 5 week old baby thus searching for property to move into and allocating the time for this has been hard

im only after a few weeks/months grace?

Are you a single parent?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

no my partner lives with me but the mortgage and debt is solely in my name

if we are evicted on the 9th we will have no where to go

till we can move into this rental property

i have had the house valued and it is worth a fair bit more than i owe so they will get there money

Do you know if your local court has a duty solicitor or Citizen's Advice representative present on days when possession hearings are on? might be worth giving them a ring to find out - if they have you should ask them to come in with you - the are a great help.

If not, you could ring Shelter and see if they can help by sending someone to support you.

Or even Social Services as you have a young baby.

Hopefully you will get a sensible judge who takes into account your situation.

Who is the mortgage company?

Ell-enn

thank you for your advice

im am fairly confident at speaking to the judge and putting my case forward, they do have the duty people at the court will see if one will be able to come in with me

i guess im just hoping a judge will look kindly upon me as im not asking for anything over the top just some more time to move into this new place

the company is woolwich/barclays??

Hi there, I should definitely take advantage of the duty solicitor.

I hope it all goes well for you, let us know the outcome.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Please consider asking for a suspension in order to allow YOU to sell the property.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

would they consider this option? as i would like the oppurtunity to sell myself the builder who owns next door has already made me an offer but i was going to pursue this post reposession as we only talked about it a day or two ago?

Hi there is case law we could use to support your application if you want to go down that road. I could draft a statement for you to take to court tomorrow if you like.

Is it possible to contact the builder tonight and get him to make you a written offer that you could take to court with you tomorrow?

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Hi - I'll draft a statement for you when I get home from work tonight - it may be after 8pm though. In the meantime if you can get the builder to give you a written offer, that would be great.

Ell-enn

Hi there, affixed is a statement to take to court with you. If you are able to get the builder first thing in the morning and can get a written offer attach it to the statement, but don't be late for court.

As it is your application you will be asked to speak first so just ask the judge if you can give him an up to date statement hand it over.

Good luck, let us know what happens.

Ell-enn

Gurucurt Statement.doc

Good luck for the hearing.

Be confident in your belief for the future, and your proposal to resolve the situation.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Morning everyone,:D

here's what happened at the hearing this morning

turned up at the court 45 mins early traffic wasn't half as bad as i thought it would be

their brief turned up shortly after and sat down with us straight away and said that they would not contest a suspension as we had obvious evidence of a 5 week old baby ( we took her with us )

she said we could have another 5 weeks to move in to rented and possibly sell our house.

but whilst in front of the judge she only mentioned 21 days before they then would issue a new eviction date, the judge agreed to this

my only question is now does that 21 days add up to 5 weeks by the time a new date has been issued???

cheers for all the support and help from everyone especially ell-en

will keep post updated as to selling to the builder etc.

curt

Hi there, great news - so you will be able to move into your new place at your own pace, and hope the builder can keep to his offer.

If you get the offer in writing and he gets his solicitors involved then, when they issue a new eviction order, you can go back to court and let them know the completion date with evidence from the builders solicitors. That should stop repossession and further costs.

I think what will happen is that after 21 days they will apply for a new eviction date - this may take another 2 weeks - so 5 weeks all together.

Did you get the chance to give your statement to the judge?

Kind Regards

Ell-enn