Been A Bit Silly

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5715 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

People... Just stumbled on this site going to pour my heart out here and get it all opf my chest....

About 5 years ago i run up an overdraft with a bank of 1000 i kept trying to reduce it month by month but found it difficult so i applied for a loan they wouldnt entertain me (no other debts at this point)..so i took out a credit card and paid it off with that...(bit sill i now know)

ended up getting a loan to pay it off and kept upping and upping the loan till it reached 10.000 pounds...at this point i wasonly 20 and was crippled with a loan of that amount...i was a member of the armed services so i saught help in paying it off...i started to get it all back on track when my partner recieved news of cancer...i recently left the armed service and to this date have not made a re-payment on my loan for about 18 months i think the balance stands at around 7500 pounds...i did make an arrangment with a company to pay it back 200 a month but just couldnt manage this and ended up ignoring letter hoping it would all go away...

My girlfriend ir from the Republic of Ireland so just about a year ago i moved over here leaving only an address of my military base to my creditors...i did have my bank account in my fathers address so i guess there is a route to me...

Since living here i have gotten a good job but the price of living being so expensive over here i have completelty put the debt to the back of my mind...Since the ROI uses it own credit system i got a credit report from them and it says i have a clean credit history the bank have even approved me in principal for a mortgage...

I understand its silly to think this debt will ever go away but my question is really i understand i need to pay it back at some stage but in the meantime what is the likelihood of things happening in this time? I mean can baliffs turn up to my dads house or if i purchase a house over here can they come and trace me over here? Even if it ended up going to court what would then happen according to the U.K. im out of work and have no means of income.

Very worried and concerned about all of this now?

Thanks in advance a very stupid young man...