HSBC Theft Update/Further Action News

Hondaman56
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5708 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Some of you may remember I posted this thread about HSBC Card/MCS taking money from my account under their alleged "right of set off".

/forum/hsbc-bank/152400-hsbc-mcs-theft-my

Well, update on that is that after three more letters, and a "passionate" visit to my local branch, during which the manageress of the branch ALSO experienced several difficulties in being understood, getting through, finding out what had happened, and so forth - I finally got the money refunded, just over a month after it was taken - but as yet no charges incurred have been refunded.

I have also had contact from Norwich Union, the card protection insurer, who claim that because they never received my forms (hand delivered to the bank) they could not accept the claim - BUT, as a one off gesture of goodwill, if I could prove my unemployment/redundancy for that period, they would look at meeting my claim on this occasion - guilty or what!

Well, having started a two week holiday from work today, what should I find waiting on the door mat for me this morning, but another letter from HSBC - this time the bank themselves, informing me that they have undertaken a review of my account and are now no longer willing to extend me the overdraft I have had for nearly twelve years all said and done. They want that cleared by 24 September - for which they have two hopes! We obviously all have nearly £2k tucked in our back pockets just waiting for the bank to "change its mind" - yeah, right.

Now obviously, I cannot prove that the two are linked in some way, but......if it looks like horse, and smells like horse.......it isn't going to be bacon, is it.......

So, as if I needed any more resolve after the initial bit, which is still ongoing, I am now minded to do what I can to obliterate HSBC from the financial landscape - and will be commencing a proram to receover every last pennny I can from HSBC for both the accounts I'm running now, plus my partner's two accounts, plus the joint accounts we held previously.

I do say at this point that it seems not only have HSBC (Card) stuck default notices all over my credit file (copy en route), but they may also have put a CIFAS marker on somehow - as I've been told there is one there - I have never defrauded anyone, and will be tackling that with some vigour.

Has anyone else ever been CIFAS'd as well as defaulted? Seems *very* nasty to me - as CIFAS may stop you getting ANY credit, work, housing and so forth, depending on the category recorded.....

Well, parachute account here we come.......then some nice letters!

Rgds, all.

Good Luck Hondaman, seems very strange that an insurance company didn't receive any paperwork from the bank but are still willing to pay out :rolleyes: if they hadn't then you would have had the bank for deducting your PPI installments under false pretense's, makes me wonder if you will see any money from Norwich Union or if they will try to wriggle out of it 8-).

I think you need a copy of your credit file to check exactly what you have against your name and who from, you can get this once free online from experian or it will cost you £2.00 via post.

As for the rest, the information is all here and if you need any help just shout :)

pete

Hi - and thanks.

Yeah - my thoughts exactly, and precisely one (of the many) points I am raising in a letter right now. I've already requested copies of my reports from all the agencies - callcredit, Experian and Equifax. Interesting to see what's recorded, but I am already aware it isn't good - my credit rating seems to have plummeted recently, been unable to get another bank account, failed a landlord credit check, and a few other issues recently too.

I've sent off the SAR letter today for all my HASBC accounts, plus I'm about to do the same for a few credit cards the other hlaf has had - including Egg, which cancelled her without a default notice, and which I noticed the thread on.

So I'll keep the posts updated and record my experiences for the benefit of all.

Last task this evening - find a parachute account! - More so since HSBC have also now decided to cancel my overdraft forthwith!

Thanks again.

honda unless I am mistaken check the small print but I thought they had to give you 28 days notice of closing the od facility.... they havent if the sent it on the 1st....

I take it you are now moving everything from hsbc to another bank and allow them to continue thier action?

rockin all over the world

According to the terms and conditions:-

7.10 Unless we have agreed other terms with you in writing, we may at any time end or reduce your overdraft and demand in writing that you pay any money you owe us immediately.

Sorry :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

honda unless I am mistaken check the small print but I thought they had to give you 28 days notice of closing the od facility.... they havent if the sent it on the 1st....

I take it you are now moving everything from hsbc to another bank and allow them to continue thier action?

Well, the letter was dated 22nd August, and they're claiming to end the OD on 24 Sept - I guess that gives them the 28 days - though I think generally, an overdraft is repayable on demand under most Ts and Cs.

In any case, yes, Mr Langdale is about to receive several letters from me, (1) the Subject Access Request, (2) a reply to their letter claiming they acted fully and correctly in the matter of my CC (which Norwich Union seem not to agree with, and I certainly don't), and (3) a reply to the OD letter of 22 Aug - pointing out the *immense hardship* immediate and full repayment will cause to my family, among other things. (4) A letter requesting immediate correction to my Credit File - I have today received copies of information held by Experian and Equifax, and await info from Call Credit - there are no less than two, I believe, detrimental entries by HSBC on there - one, despite my registering a dispute concerning the balance of my Credit card as early as January this year, they have recorded arrears, late payments and a default. They have also been recording information about another "account" with a balance, and late payments showing - I have nothing other than my current account with them, and I do not see how I could possibly have "late payments" to that, unless, of course, they are claiming late payment of charges?

I have come to the conclusion, very rapidly, that HSBC are nothing more than shysters and scamsters - and not bothered about engaging in some very dubious tactics. The more I read on here, the more concerned I become about banking with any of them.

My credit record is such at present that I have a lot of work to do to in order to clear things up - there are seemingly other various errors on there, including an address I've never had anything to do with, but yet at which I seem to have 2 CCJS registered against me, I also have a family member's mortgage data showing on my credit file - though there is a clear difference in identity between he and I, not least in age - and their address is only linked through association. I'm not at all sure any of the CRA's are any better than the banks at the moment.

It scares me that people carry on through life totally ignorant of the damage being done to them by organisations like these - both banks and CRAs.....

My credit record is such at present that I have a lot of work to do to in order to clear things up - there are seemingly other various errors on there, including an address I've never had anything to do with, but yet at which I seem to have 2 CCJS registered against me, I also have a family member's mortgage data showing on my credit file - though there is a clear difference in identity between he and I, not least in age - and their address is only linked through association. I'm not at all sure any of the CRA's are any better than the banks at the moment.

With a little time and application you will sort all of this out :) all of the information you need is on this site just take it one step at a time, don't rush anything and ask if your not sure. :)

It scares me that people carry on through life totally ignorant of the damage being done to them by organisations like these - both banks and CRAs.....

Thats why this site and the other forums exist :) spread the word :D.

pete