appointment letter for statutory demand

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4631 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently left the family home & am living abroad, but my wife tells me she has received through the letter box a ''appointment letter for statutory demand'' addressed to me. I am in dispute with a credit card company. The house is in her name but we have a joint mortgage should I be worried for her as I'm not bothered for myself.

Cheers,

If Only

This happens when a process server has tried to personally serve the SD and has been unable to. They are able to post an appointment letter through your letter box informing you that they wish to make an appointment to serve the SD. If you are not there when they call they are then able to post the SD through your letter box by hand and it is deemed served.

I would have thought that you would have received previous correspondence from a DCA prior to this and you should have informed them that the debt was in dispute.

I would get your wife to send them the template letter (sorry don't know how to post links) which revokes there right to attend the property and also state that you no longer reside there. I recently got my wife to do this and have not heard from the process server again