not working but chased by dca

Guest turtles head
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5713 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest turtles head

Hi,

I was forced to quit my NHS course through ill health. I was in my second year of three, and was getting a bursery. Since leaving my course I have been unable to work, although hopefully I may be able to work soon.

My problem is that I had recieved a bursery over payment of £1600 and that is now being claimed by SLC and a DCA. I have told both that I am not working, but hope to soon, and will pay my entire loan back as soon as I am earning the correct amount.

I have now been asked by DCA to complete a income/expendature form in order to defer court action, something I don't want to do (although I will if needed).

The question is why do I have to pay this part back now, even though I'm not working? They aren't asking for the entire bursery to be repaid, just this portion. If anyone can help I would be very grateful.

Thanks

DO NOT COMPLETE THE DCAs income and expenditure form, this WILL NOT defer court action, it will give them a lot of information they are NOT entitled to. Send them a copy of your benefits form and state that they cannot have an I&E form as you are not earning anything.

Go to your local CAB and see if they can offer any advice, or the local law centre.

Somebody will be along soon with more experience of bursarys.

Guest turtles head

Hi,

Thanks, that's what I thought. I am not getting benefits....not entitled apparently (not enough credits over the last few years???), I suppose I could send them a copy of the letters showing that.

Looks like this is something that will go on for a while

Guest turtles head

Thanks.

Any ideas about the DCA, what happens if they start getting nasty? All I want is a fair solution, and not to be bullied into one that's good for someone else

thanks