CCJ from CL finance (Howard Cohen)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4972 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Found the thread, not a very long one and not a huge amount of detail given but I am sure if you ask her some questions she will be able to advise.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/219090-help-please-ammended-defence.html

Out of interest, has this hypothetical DN hypothetically appeared? That could be a terrible hypothetical fly in the ointment for Mr Cohen. Hypothetically.

CAG - Power to the People

Well hypothetically that may be so...or not, but more tangible and readily available evidence - my own Credit history indicate the default date - 8th September 2008...ooops!

Edited by debtdebtdebt
typo

Season greetings at Christmas & Happy New Year to all!

If it gets to the point you need to prove the default notice is false, give me a shout, (if you cant get me on here, try http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com, on the bankruptcy board), mine, or my OH's, is a few years after yours, but may help, and on that point, i have a feeling the wording is wrong, to add to there mistake, as that also changed whe the 7 days was increased to 14, but dont rely on that, would need to go back and check, but do a search on here, hard i know, forum search engines are useless, but you may find one closer to yours.

blind-as-a-bat,

Thanks for the advice on that, I am just waiting now....apparently 14 days then I the Court if nothing..... Just have to wait and see.

Happy New Year to you (and all)... my first post of 2010!

Happy new year DDD

Keep us posted

Regards

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

If it gets to the point you need to prove the default notice is false, give me a shout, (if you cant get me on here, try MoneySavingExpert.com Forums, on the bankruptcy board), mine, or my OH's, is a few years after yours, but may help, and on that point, i have a feeling the wording is wrong, to add to there mistake, as that also changed whe the 7 days was increased to 14, but dont rely on that, would need to go back and check, but do a search on here, hard i know, forum search engines are useless, but you may find one closer to yours.

The 14 days to remedy came into force 19 December 2006 :) Prior to that it was 7 days. Obviously parliament thought the DN was significantly important enough to make this amendment. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 months later...

Requested and permitted the opportunity to file an ammended defence which has resulted in another hearing date.

To clarify do I need to completely re-submit the full defence with any ammendements and suppporting arguments documents etc, etc again to serve to both court + CL now?

Still have time...appreciate any help:)

Requested and permitted the opportunity to file an ammended defence which has resulted in another hearing date.

To clarify do I need to completely re-submit the full defence with any ammendements and suppporting arguments documents etc, etc again to serve to both court + CL now?

Still have time...appreciate any help:)

I believe you just head up your new submission "Amended Defence" then put everything incuding anything you have already mentioned in it along with anything new.

Yes, you should submit all supporting documents. But check with the court whether they will serve the new defence on your behalf or whether you need to send the copy yourself.

If the court will do it, you need to give them an extra copy. If you do it then you will need to send it by SPECIAL DELIVERY.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Let play devils avocate here....say the request is dismissed/denied.

Would I have any recourse to continue or take any further action?

Sorry, I dont understand, I thought you had been given permission to submit an amended defence already ?

BCOBS

• 5 months later...

FINAL UPDATE

thanks to all those in forum land who helped and assisted. Towards the times when I really did need help I found myself flailing around libraraies CAB and other venues seeking the al important mythical advice to break these SOB's.

Several months after the whole sorry crock I received notification the claim settled awarded in favour Cowards, oh and while I am on that subject a rather cosy exchange took place before I was at my final appearance at court. Very very cosy....in fact HC had spoken to the judge and did not even bother to challenge or contest the evidence I submitted.

I am a lost wiser and lost more swuicthed on to the vagaries of these 'para-legal' organisations and thus will NOT be bitten again.

Its all behind me now the stress of this my impending job situation etc, etc, etc - that was it.......almost until.....I find myself rather keen to claw back all the money I paid into the so-called payment protection insurance that protected me against nothing!

It was the very crux of my pain and anxiety, obviously mis-sold nor did it do what it was sold to me as....so any advice on getting this started is most certainly welcome.

Sorry all it is not a tale of happiness and joy....more tribulation and woes