Liverpool Victoria car claim taking forever!

Daft Bat

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My other half pranged my car nearly a month ago now. He's named driver and it's fully comp, so no arguement on that score.

LV wanted me to take the car to their approved repairers. About 4 years ago the same car, having been hit by another car in a no-fault incident, was taken to these people and at the end of the day I wasn't happy with their work. So I told LV that I didn't want to use that garage again and they said I could get a quote in from my own garage.

For starters they gave me the wrong fax number to send the quote to which delayed matters. Then they said they would need to send an independent engineer to look at the car, and I was given a timescale within which he would attend, but he never called or turned up. Eventually I was given a definite day that the engineer would call, only to be called the day before to rearrange. It's now a week since the engineer came and on chasing LV yet again, they say they haven't got the engineers report.

I've been promised phone calls which I don't get and been told bare-faced lies (i.e. "the engineer has arranged to view the car with your garage" when I have the car at home and "He was unable to call them yesterday as they close at five so it was too late when you rang him" when I phoned at 10.30am and was promised a call back "in five minutes").

I'm sure they will get there (EVENTUALLY!) but how can I speed them up? Is there a creditable "threat" that I can use? Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi

Some insurance companies are lazy and delay claims, especially when they know it is costing them nothing.

I bet if your car was in the garage (occuring storage charges for being there, then they soon would have settled your claim). as you have the car and it is costing them nothing, they can delay your claim etc etc.

Best method is to phone LV and ask who is the claim handler for your claim (take his / her full name and there phone number e.g extension). Then everyday (maybe twice a day morning and afternoon) keep phoneing this person and asking him what is happening with your claim. Why as it not been settled etc.

Ask him has the engineers report been completed yet. and what does the report say etc (e.g is your vehicle repairable or a total loss etc).

post what happens.

• 3 years later...