No Contract 14 months on.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5717 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have worked for the same company now for 4 years but in two different roles. The first 2 years and 10 months I was a community worker but then moved in to a role which was more strategic and operational.

My first role as a Community Worker I had a contarct within 3 weeks of my probationary period ending so when my probationary period ended on my current role I asked for my new contarct. They told me they'd sort it out. For the past 8 months in every line management session I have asked about my contract and they are saying 'its pretty similar to my old role so just adopt from that'. The job is TOTALLY different to what I did and I'm worried thay could just drop me like a bad penny without a formal contract.

Is there anything I can do without P***ing my manager off too much.

At the end of the day it aint much to ask for. Any advice appreciated...

Cheers

Neil

Guest Old_andrew2018

Well you may have to go about P***ing your manager off a little, raise a grievance, I'm sure if you explained that you are both being let down by HR for example then it won't seem like its anything personal.

If your manger can't get it sorted then escalate to the next stage.

As it's the same company, your original contract will still be valid and probably covers many basic points, i.e. what the grievance procedure is etc. What has changed is your job, so you will need a new job description but not necessarily a new contract, it really depends if the contracts are written specific to each job within the company. Even in the absence of a contract of employment you become entitled to at least the minimum protection offered by law, so they can't just drop you.

They should have given you written confirmation of anything major that has changed from your previous role, i.e. hours, wages, holiday entitlement etc, and even though it's desirable to also have your new tasks and responsibilities clarified in a job description, there is no legal requirement for your employer to do so. Anything you have been doing regularly will be taken as "custom & practice". In other words, if you always come in later on a Wednesday and make your time up on a Thursday and nobody has told you that's not allowed, then it's taken as an accepted practice and they can't stop you from doing it.

More info here.

your rights: pay and contracts of employment - from workSMART.org.uk

I suppose that I should've also included that I haven't even got a new job description. Obviously I must be doing okay as I've either found my feet and took to the role well or blagged my way through.