Aktiv Kapital Asset Investment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5705 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

AKTIV KAPITAL ASSET INVESTMENT. Has anyone had any dealings with these people?? Today I received this letter from them.

Seven Days Notice

TAKE NOTICE that the amount due on the above account and for which you are liable still remains unpaid, and we do hereby require payment from you within SEVEN DAYS from the date of this Notice of the account amounting to £*****.

And hereby give you Notice that the same maybe posted or paid direct to this office WITHIN SEVEN DAYS, and in the event of your default in Payment of the same, our Solicitors will forthwith institute proceeding against you for the amount, togethr with all reasonable Costs and Charges attendant on such default.

Given under my hand 22 aug 08.

Call Serve

re:AKTIV KAPITAL ASSET INVESTMENT.

Anyway, the letter has no reference or account number, nothing bascially!!. I havent heard from these people before, I had not had any paperwork to state they have been assigned a debt of mine and I dont recal owing that amount to anyone. It was just sent 2nd class post. Not sure what to do, any advice. Thanks.

Guest Old_andrew2018

You can either ignore the letter, keep it safe and wait for a claim from their solicitor IMHO they won't send one.

Alternatively you could send a letter similar to this thanks to saintly 1.

I have altered the letter slightly (the blue lettering) there may be better advice so you could hold fire for a day or two.

Quote:

Dear Sir/Madam

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOURSELVES OR ANY OTHER COMPANY YOU CLAIM TO REPRESENT

Account no: non-supplied

You have contacted me/us regarding an account, without any reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to your company

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

(Your Name) Print do not sign

Edited by old_andrew2007
typo

So aktive Krap sent a demand with no reference number,

aint they great:rolleyes:

Do you think if I send them a demand without any reference number they would pay me, utter morons

I would photocopy it and replace your name with theirs and send it back, and offer them a chance to settle

Thank you for your advice, very much appreciated. I have copied and saved the above letter you suggested just in case, tks. For now I think I will hold fire and see what there next move is, fingers crossed they do nothing, but if they do I will be prepared. Think thats probably best for now, I was really scared, but after after reading their demand letter for the 500+ times, I think its a crazy, oh did I mention it wasnt even on headed paper??. Thank again. Will keep you posted.

Guest Old_andrew2018

I think to ignore is the correct thing to do, it has just occurred to be that it could be a phishing [problem] in a hope that you make contact with them.

AKTIV KAPITAL ASSET INVESTMENT. Has anyone had any dealings with these people?? Today I received this letter from them.

Seven Days Notice

TAKE NOTICE that the amount due on the above account and for which you are liable still remains unpaid, and we do hereby require payment from you within SEVEN DAYS from the date of this Notice of the account amounting to £*****.

And hereby give you Notice that the same maybe posted or paid direct to this office WITHIN SEVEN DAYS, and in the event of your default in Payment of the same, our Solicitors will forthwith institute proceeding against you for the amount, togethr with all reasonable Costs and Charges attendant on such default.

Given under my hand 22 aug 08.

Call Serve

re:AKTIV KAPITAL ASSET INVESTMENT.

Anyway, the letter has no reference or account number, nothing bascially!!. I havent heard from these people before, I had not had any paperwork to state they have been assigned a debt of mine and I dont recal owing that amount to anyone. It was just sent 2nd class post. Not sure what to do, any advice. Thanks.

I worked for Aktiv Kapital up until a few years ago. It used to be a small debt collection agency called Regency TCM Worldwide before Aktiv Kapital bought them, and started to buy debts.

They deal with thousands of these accounts every day, and that is one of the first 'blanket' letters that they send out to inform you that they have bought the debt.

I am being pursued at the minute by them, (for a card that was not run up by me), except they have instructed 'Allied International Collections', to pursue it.

I am having problems at the minute as nobody has copies of the statements, or the original credit agreement (Aktiv from memory used to get very little paperwork when they bought the debts.) - and when I spoke to a former colleague, he admitted that there would be very little chance they would be able to get the paperwork.

As Allied have been so obnoxious - (I am being harrassed by a guy who wants 'Payment in full, or else!') I have written to them asking them to furnish me with a copy of the original credit agreement, and statements. It is not an ureasonable request.

If I were you, I would write in asking for the credit agreement, and statements. Say that you have no knowledge of this account. By law they have 12 days (after the initial 12 days without receiving it, they are in breach.) and then 1 calendar month to provide you with a copy of this, or they have committed a criminal offence, and the debt is rendered void. Keep a copy of the letter that you send, and send it recorded delivery.

Without this information on file they know that they cannot press it through the courts for a CCJ anyhow as there is no proof of the debt to answer.

Hope this helps.

I worked for Aktiv Kapital up until a few years ago. It used to be a small debt collection agency called Regency TCM Worldwide before Aktiv Kapital bought them, and started to buy debts.

They deal with thousands of these accounts every day, and that is one of the first 'blanket' letters that they send out to inform you that they have bought the debt.

I am being pursued at the minute by them, (for a card that was not run up by me), except they have instructed 'Allied International Collections', to pursue it.

I am having problems at the minute as nobody has copies of the statements, or the original credit agreement (Aktiv from memory used to get very little paperwork when they bought the debts.) - and when I spoke to a former colleague, he admitted that there would be very little chance they would be able to get the paperwork.

As Allied have been so obnoxious - (I am being harrassed by a guy who wants 'Payment in full, or else!') I have written to them asking them to furnish me with a copy of the original credit agreement, and statements. It is not an ureasonable request.

If I were you, I would write in asking for the credit agreement, and statements. Say that you have no knowledge of this account. By law they have 12 days (after the initial 12 days without receiving it, they are in breach.) and then 1 calendar month to provide you with a copy of this, or they have committed a criminal offence, and the debt is rendered void. Keep a copy of the letter that you send, and send it recorded delivery.

Without this information on file they know that they cannot press it through the courts for a CCJ anyhow as there is no proof of the debt to answer.

Hope this helps.

The UCPD and CPUTR 2008 did away with this but introduced new consumer protection here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/146460-consumer-protection-unfair-trading.html