GMAC RFC - Monthly Arrears Fees & Non Direct Debit Fees - Help!

Pathway
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Just wanted to check with other GMAC RFC customers who may be on here - have you challenged the £50 per month arrears fee and £15 non direct debit monthly fee? - and what result you may have had.

Has anyone gone to the FSA ombudsman yet?

They always seem to keen to go to court for interest arrears despite the FSA guidelines - they need to be reported.

Cant see how this is treating customers fairly?!!!

Any views - would be pleased to hear.

Many thanks:)

• 2 weeks later...

Been there - tried that!

Went through one of those firms who claim to be able to get all your banking fees back. First they wrote to GMAC and we had a standard letter back saying go away!

After that, the firm got us to sign papers to go to the financial ombudsman but we had no joy there either. The letter from the ombudsman said "The terms of the mortgage offer, which you accepted, provide for the lender to impose charges which may arise during the course of the mortgage, together with additional costs payable should the account fall into arrears." The letter ended "I have considered the papers carefully, including the mortgage offer and the terms and conditions applying to your loan. From these, I am satisfieid that the firm is entitled to charge fees for unpaid direct debits as well as a monthly fee for accounts which are in arrears. The tariff of charges issued by the bank sets out quite clearly what the fees are and I am satisifed that you would have received a copy of this with your annual mortgage statement."

We tried again using the letters for reclaiming bank charges but GMAC is not a bank so the rules that apply to banks don't apply to them.

I've followed all the threads I can where GMAC are involved and have not yet seen anyone who has got all their money back. A couple have got something back but at what cost?

Only one comment refers to getting something 'in full and final settlement' but the firm we went to said this was a 'goodwill guesture' which GMAC are well known for doing. They make an offer well below what you have been charged but it means you sign away your right to any further claims.

I cannot afford to take GMAC to court so I've given up now and have gone after Abbey instead!

I understand that the FSA are about to challenge GMAC about these charges - and who knows

the OFT may take up the cudgel - as they did with bank charges!!:)

It cannot cost them £50 per month to monitor an arrears case!

Just a matter of time folks!

Keep challenging them!

i used to have a mortgage with gmac we got into arrears after my husband had a bad accident at work my husbands sloicitor phoned them and asked if they could help us in any way while he was not able to work we sent them proof of the accident doctors report and how much money we had coming in and going out but gmac didnt want to know they tried to reprocess the house we only had a mortgage with them for less than about a 1/4 of what the house was worth luckly for us we got a intrem payment so we could clear the arrears then 6 months ago we paid off the mortgage and got them off our backs it was a lovely feeling not owing them anything. they caused us so many sleepless nights i would love to claim back all those £50 they charged us

Buffy x

Buffy x

Buffy v Halifax WON all charges refunded

• 1 month later...

GMAC RFC withdrawing from current mortgage market by end of 2008- and advised their sales force on 29 9.08 that they would all be made redundant.

Where that leaves us as customers - who knows?! - sold off to Northern Rock?!

Nice of them to let us know!

Perhaps they're not taking on any new mortgages, just servicing the ones they have - although I have heard recently that some of GMAC's mortgages have been sold to Wave Lending?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Wave aren't taking on any new business either!

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Who are Halifax kidding - £1 a day for an overdraft !! £31 pound a month!!

This is going to be a 50% increase in my interest charges - is that fair.

How can they get away with it. I thought customers "were to be treated fairly"!

If you are affected - Complain to Financial Ombudsman (after registering your complaint with them)

You might find the following thread started by Bookworm of interest.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/226753-complaint-about-halifax-new.html

:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D