Process started !

noelvance
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent my letter directly to the branch that opened my account when I was 12 on the 6th March 2006. Got a standard letter back this morning saying they would 'have an answer or update as quickly as possible, but no later than 6th April 2006'.

I have 3 accounts with Barclays and will see how this works out before taking Halifax & Bank of Scotland to task over accounts I hold or have held with them !

Don\'t forget to ask for discount when buying car parts or getting your car serviced. Most garages are too embarresed to refuse !

Was it a DPA letter?

D.P.A ? Sorry, could you de-abreviate this for me.

Thanks

Don\'t forget to ask for discount when buying car parts or getting your car serviced. Most garages are too embarresed to refuse !

Looks like someone hasn't read the FAQ section.

Data Protection Act. It's recommended to get all the information about your relationship (manual actions as well as accounting entries - ie statements). That way you've got a full list of charges and any manual entries. That way, if the bank try to argue that the charges relate to the manual work involved in court, you can prove it doesn't.

It'll cost £10 under the act for this information, but it's worth it.

Yes, I've read the FAQ section and am following the step-by-step guide.

I do know how much they've charged me (£1225.00 on the 1st account) so I've sent the 'preliminary approach' letter as instructed.

Thanks for your help. it was late one night last week and I'd forgotton what D.P.A meant (not good as we've just studied this at University !)

Cheers

(not good as we've just studied this at University

What University? must be an ex-Poly. I knew that no good would come of it.

(not good as we've just studied this at University

What University? must be an ex-Poly. I knew that no good would come of it.

Never mind ex-polys, I know one which has carved in stone 'Workmen's Institute'

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a letter back this morning saying 'they don't agree with my legal analysis' but offering £300.00 as a goodwill gesture. They've taken £1225.00 out of my main accounts and this represents a low % back.

My wife thinks we should accept and think our selves lucky, what is my best course of action?

I've noticed that the letter fomat is a standard template being sent out to a lot of customers, the reply name is also the same !

I'm at least £300.00 better off from joining this forum so thanks guys !

Sent a letter back on 23/03/06 accepting the £300.00 initial offer, but informed them I would be claiming the difference back through the county court. Gave them 14 days to respond !

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear. Had a letter back this morning saying that previous £300.00 offer was full & final and has now been withdrawn as I said I would be claiming difference via Court.

What do I do now as I have no offer from Barclays ?

Not sure if prebious thread 'Process started' is visible on this new site so here's an update.

-Worked out they've charged me £1225.00 and sent letter claiming back

-Got letter back offering £300.00 full & final offer

-Replied, accepting £300.00 but explaining difference to be claimed via court system.

-Letter back 05/04/06 saying offer withdrawn. Proceed with court action if I want full amount !

Where do I go from here, wish I'd taken £300.00.

I will be strong. The next step as per the FAQ section appears to be the Moneyclaim website so have just started ball rolling.

Is it right that I can't now accept the £300.00 as the letter reads.....

"Blah Blah Blah

The amount offered was in full and final settlement of your claim and as I have already stated, I believe this was a fair and reasonable offer. I am therefore unwilling to adhere to your request to reimburse you with the amount offered or revise this figure. It is with regret that you may now be proceding to the county court for the amount you wish to claim.

I appreciate this is not the response you have been hoping for, but trust that I have clarified the Bank's position.

Your Sincerely.

xxxxx xxxxxxxxx"

So I guess it's off to court then.

Watch out all my other financial 'providers', I'm fired up now !

Bank like to bully, intimidate and demand things on their terms. You have the upper hand here, the law is with you and the bank is just trying to flex its muscle.

You've got over 11500 people behind you :-) got for it!

The law maybe reason without passion as Aristotle said, but hey, he said nothing about having fun when getting even!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal expereince. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Reputation Points Always Welcome

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks