Welcome Finance

thelightbrigade
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3238 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

if anyone is interested in actual cost of these phone charges, calculation shows that the true cost is 25p per miniute, that is assuming a salaried person on 25k working a 37.5 hour week, wage cost is 21p per minute and each minute BT cost is 4p. Average call is 2 or 3 minutes = max 75p, the rest is punishment for daring to cross wf. £9.25 is a good profit though! No wonder they love using the telephone, must help the bonus enormously.

• 5 years later...

Received a letter from BW Legal this morning with a statement of all account activity with Welcome Finance.

They are threatening CCJ action in 14 days.

The most recent entry on the statement is from December 2012 and states "DEBT WRITTEN OFF".

The last payment to the account was 5 years ago when Lewis Group were dealing.

I agreed a settlement balance,

paid a bit over the phone and sent a post dated cheque off for the balance.

This cheque was never presented.

I don't have any letter showing the agreement, it was all over the phone.

I heard nothing for a couple of years, and I just keep going around in circles.

How can a firm chase a debt that is written off? are they chancing their arm?

I think it will be another year before I can try statute barred.

Can you scan and post up a redacted copy of that letter please?

Bet it doesn't say ''they WILL'' take legal action, or they ''WILL'' get a CCJ within 14 days?

Simply put they can't just 'get' a CCJ like that.

Have you checked our credit files?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Unless you were told that you did. Not have adebt to be repaid it would still be owed. Written off just means that it was moved from the original account record as it was not being paid.

Suggest that you enter into a dispute by sending a letter to BW Legal saying that as far a s you were aware this resolved with the Lewis group back in x year. Ask them to check with their client and for them to make enquiries with Lewis.

Send a CCA request to the current debt owner Lowell and mention in the letter to BW legal that you have done this. This is important if you want to try to stop them issuing the court claim. They will issue the court claim if you don,t do this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 weeks later...

Received a judgment against me in the post this morning, this is for the full amount rather than what was agreed years go. Is it too late to dispute? can it be set aide? I didn't send the letters advised as my wife was ill so just too busy looking after her. They want a monthly amount which will take me 2 years to pay even though it is all supposed to be settled.

Can late payment and telephone charges etc be reclaimed from Welcome finance. I had an issue with them years ago for slapping £10 telephone charge on for calling me 3 days before the repayment was even due, no idea how many times they did this.

So when you received the court summons did you not defend it? Did you even acknowledge it?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

When I received it I called BW Legal, told them I had an arrangement years ago for a settlement figure, paid x over the phone and sent a post dated cheque for reduced amount because I had noticed erroneous charges for telephone calls. they said they will investigate this nd be in touch, they said they will pause the claim. Next I hear is the judgement.

OK you need to keep EVERYTHING in writing.

As you have found out, discussing financial matters over the phone (unless you're recording them) will go ignored.

So you didn't receive a claim form then?

I received the claim form in January, rang them and they agreed to put hold on it while its being looked into. I didn't acknowledge it or defend it. Today I called BW Legal and they told me to call Welcome and if they will issue a letter saying an agreement was reached and settlement agreed etc they can return it to their client, Lowell, and that it should never have been passed to them, then the CCJ can be quashed. I called Welcome who told me to email a complaint in. I did that to cattles.co.uk email address and received an auto reply saying I should her something in 5 days. Apparently the Lewis Group who I made the agreement with are no longer trading.

Are you recording these calls?

If not STOP entertaining them over the phone, they will do nothing of the sort, it is in their interests to ignore you

and enforce this CCJ, they most certainly do not have your best interests at heart, your easy money to them.

They have already got a CCJ by default because they lied to you over the phone.

You must get a paper trail of evidence together, keep a diary of events, and everything you send them in the post,

obtain ''proof of posting'' which is free from the PO counter, as a minimum.

Can you scan up and post the Judgement, BUT please ensure you remove all identifiers, bar codes, squiggly boxes, ref numbers etc.