Endowment mortgage?

IR2365
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been contacted over the telephone by a company claiming to be able to act on a no win,no fee basis for a miss sold endowment policy.

I did have policy years ago when I first took out a mortgage,but I think it was cashed in. They claim that it doesn't matter and I should probably be entitled to compensation if I was misled. Has anyone else had any dealings with similar companies?

Do it yourself if you want to complain, then you won't have to pay anyone a fee.

All you need to do is write to the endowment provider, and state that you believe it was missold to you ( if you believe this to be the case)

If you were not given the choice of a repayment mortgage instead, or you were not warned that the endowment might not make enough money, you might have a case.

It's then up to the provider to prove they did tell you that. If they can't prove it, you might have a good case.

• 1 month later...

dont touch these companies they will bleed you dry.

In 2005 I got involved with one of these companies (Brunel Franklin) I was living / working in Asia at the time and didnt have the time /knowledge to deal with making a claim. I fell for the slick marketing, I ended up having to do all the "legwork" . On complaining about their "services" and canceling the contract I heard nothing from them till an email arrived in my inbox 6 weeks ago threatening court summons if I didnt pay them £1900 in seven days......... current state of play is MOJ awaiting their take on the matter. So be warned dont use these people or any of the others spend a little time and reasearch and handle it yourself !!!!!