• Tweets

• If Labour are elected I hope they go after everyone who made huge amounts of money out of this, by loading the company with debt. The sad thing is that some pension schemes, including the universities one, USS, will lose money along with customers.
    • What's the reason for not wanting a smart meter? Personally I'm saving a pile on a tariff only available with one. Today electricity is 17.17p/kWh. If the meter is truly past its certification date the supplier is obliged to replace it. If you refuse to allow this then eventually they'll get warrant and do so by force. Certified life varies between models and generations, some only 10 or 15 years, some older types as long as 40 years or maybe even more. Your meter should have its certified start date marked somewhere so if you doubt the supplier you can look up the certified life and cross check.
    • No I'm not. Even if I was then comments on this forum wouldn't constitute legal advice in the formal sense. Now you've engaged a lawyer directly can I just make couple of final suggestions? Firstly make sure he is fully aware of the facts. And don't mix and match by taking his advice on one aspect while ploughing your own furrow on others.  Let us know how you get on now you have a solicitor acting for you.
    • Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Nothing left to lose -taken everything but the will to fight

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6406 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. This is my first post on the forum. I'm just about to send off my D.P.A. request. Been so low for so long re: 'My Bank' now on the happy pills. They must be kicking in 'cos I can feel the poor squished worm within inflating and beginning to find teeth!:grin: (Deep breath) Here goes......

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:) Keep us updated to your progress, Emms ... and you just let that poor squished worm carry on inflating! So many of us know of the hardship that many have suffered from the uncaring banks that I hope that you too will begin to find the joy and relief of joining CAG.

Good luck ... though with CAG and its members behind you, you won't need it. Just follow the procedure ok?

Linda

Go on ... you know you want to click me

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:) There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :)

Advice & opinions of mechs' wife are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Thanks & will do Linda.

I have to say this site is fantastic! The FAQ section is great. What a difference it makes feeling informed. Thanks to everyone who's shared. The worms on the turn - found the keys to the tractor! ;)

• 1 month later...

Well I've been away for a couple of weeks but I haven't been idle - I've set up another bank account and have recieved my bank statements 3 weeks after requesting them ( not bad ):razz: . And with no harrasing phone calls . Nice to know they took notice of my request for writen correspondence only. Though now I have to work out the total amount that they've taken. Looks asthough it will be in excess of £2500 - in just 14 months!!!! I've only had a current account with them for 2 years. Crazy! :eek:

I earn enough to cover all my bills with very little left over but with these charges I'm sinking into a sucky mud hole of dept.

Still a bit unsure of how to work out interest charges for overdraft. I think some home work is required this evening so I'm being kind to my brain by drinking fruit smoothies and eating nice fresh veggies ( coffee is a luxury I can no longer afford). After all I can't afford to eat anything else at the mo - bit worried about the weight lose as I'm having to go without some meals so as my daughter gets enough! Bloody hell I'm below the poverty line and I work!!!!:-x I'm a Single mum not slacking her responsiblities yet still it feels like I'm being penalised anyway:-x

OK I've downloaded the simple charges cal. doc but could some one please explain it's terminology to me? In my bank statements it refers to all charges as " charges as notified" . Do I have to state what the charges were for? ie: unpaid chqs or Derect debits etc. or will the term " charges as notified" suffice? Also days since the offence - can I just put in the date the charges were taken from my account or do I have to figure this out as well. I'm dyslesic and nervous of doing the math as I don't want to make any mistakes that could fluff up my claim.

any help would be appreciated.

I had the same with my Halifax statements, just put 'Charges as Notified' and it will do the trick.

Good luck, not that you will need it!

Halifax Bank Account - Settled in Full £650 MCOL Stage

Halifax Credit Card - MCOL Filed (£100)

Halifax Personal Loan - LBA Sent (£80)

Citi/Associates Credit Card - MCOL Filed

Aqua Credit Card - MCOL Filed

MBNA Credit Card - Settled in Full with Contractual Interest

Capital One Credit Card - Settled In Full £100 Prelim Stage

GE Money Personal Loan - MCOL Filed

HFC Personal Loan - MCOL Filed

Hi Emms, what i done with mine was put in Charges as Notified, thats how it appeared on my statements, & i put the same date onto the spreadsheet( in date incurred) box as was shown on my statements. The days since offence should work it out automatically & put the figure in for you. I had trouble opening the spreadsheet so used the Scottish one.

Mike.

okazay Mike295! Just gone looked at the spraed sheet again and see I missed the column saying date incurred - Doh! Thanks for the advice mate.English statement seems fine though so will continue with it. And will have to remember to double look at every thing too!

Emms

Well I've filled out my spreadsheet and written my request for repayment of charges. :p

Total amount owed comes to a whopping £2,533,89 !!!!!!:o :mad:

Off to my lovely local post office tomorrow to post request.Guy behind counter is the grumpiest man I've ever met - bet I can get even him to smile tomorrow :)

Thanks for your support Mike & rlilbride today. big smiles to you both. :):)

Emms

Emms,

Just read your thread and wanting you to know that I'm rooting for ya. Soon that money will be back where it rightfully belongs, keep your chin up and good luck.

Khalid

Current Account Halifax

25th May sent Data Protection Act recieved 19th June

20th June Request Charges Letter Sent

29th June £170 offered..

4th July LBA sent

16th July £507 offered

25th July MCOL claimed

30th July Deemed Served

15th August Applied for Judgement

24th August Paid out in full

Read, ReAD READ!!! Its THE Only Way 2Win!!!

Make a 5% donation to the site, Help them to Help You.

Any advice that I may give is only through experience of my own claim.

Thanks Khalid.

I've posted my letter and now I have to wait the two weeks ( 14 days) for a response.

I've been thinking of how great it would feel if I could pay all my outstanding bills etc and how lovely it would be to take my little family off on a little holiday.

Actually it would just be great to have some money squirreled away for rainy days....fingers crossed eh?

Good luck Emms, hope you get everything back you deserve :)

"Banks are people that will lend you an umbrella when it's sunny, but demand it back the minute it starts raining"

Brad v Halifax

22/08/06 - Preliminary Letter sent requesting full repayment of charges

06/09/06 - LBA sent to bank

Good Luck Emms - seems like we are at the same stage!!!

I sent my letter recorded delivery 15/08/2006 :D

I am watching here everyday just willing people to win and get their money back - how do they do this to people cause it sure adds up over a few years doesn't it?

Chin Up Emms

I know the pain you're suffering, when I first started working, I was working 40 hours a week for £10 more than if I had sat on the dole - worth it for the self-respect though.

Don't hang about with your claim, I read at the weekend that the OFT would be looking at unfair bank charges in the next couple of months, don't know how this will affect claiming back the charges ????

19.7.06 - Statements Received

22.7.06 - Prelims Sent (Recorded Delivery)

24.7.06 - Prelims Received by Halifax

02.8.06 - Standard Customer Complaint Letter Received

05.8.06 - LBA Sent (Recorded Delivery)

09.8.06 - LBA Received By Halifax

19.8.06 - 10% goodwill offer received

19.8.06 - 100% goodwill offer for small claim

OFT, charges.......£12 or below and they won't take legal action....BUT we will.... unless of course the banks think that it now costs them that to send a letter!!!

Regarding bank charges, probably reduce it to £12...it still won't change anything!

Regards

I was ranting about all this last night to a couple of mates- seems unbelievable that people are so apathetic about their rights to take action. Though after I had finished my mates assured me that they now felt empowered to take positive action too!!!

Interestingly I recieved a letter from capital one today saying that they were revising their default charges and reducing them to £12 from the 31st Aug.

Elizabeth - Hi. Thanks for letting me know that you're on the same time scale. Gave me a warm glow to know that we're doing this simutaineously.:smile: Good luck and keep me informed eh.

Stacey - Independence and self respect are so important. I'm buggered if I'm gonna let these corporations take it away. I want to be a positive role model to my daughter and inspiration to my friends. I admire everyone else on this site so much for their courage to fight back. And peoples compassion to share their advice and support. Aren't we all great for defending our humanity! :D:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks. Well after a lovely couple of weeks away in the depths of Wales with no T.V. radio or phone signals I came back rested and addicted to the smell of fresh air. Low and behold on arriving back at me yard I find that Halifax have recieved my leter dated 15/8/06 and suggested I talk with customer relations blah. :rolleyes:

So I've sent of my letter before action recorded delivery 1st Sept 06...;-)

Would someone advise me wether I should start my court claim application now so it's ready at the end of 14days etc. any advice would be appreciated.Thanks

Hi all!:cool:

I'm a new forum entry, so welcome all fellow sufferers!

I am with the Halifax bank and I am in process of requesting my statements. I received 4 yrs worth so far, but still awaiting 2 more years.

Total charges so far on my account is over £3, 500! Just 2 more years to count He! he!

Does anyone know if you get back ALL theses charges in FULL? Or, is it a % of the charges?

Soon be "laughing all the way to the bank":lol: I hope!

Best regards,

martin

Hi Folks. Well after a lovely couple of weeks away in the depths of Wales with no T.V. radio or phone signals I came back rested and addicted to the smell of fresh air. Low and behold on arriving back at me yard I find that Halifax have recieved my leter dated 15/8/06 and suggested I talk with customer relations blah. :rolleyes:

So I've sent of my letter before action recorded delivery 1st Sept 06...;-)

Would someone advise me wether I should start my court claim application now so it's ready at the end of 14days etc. any advice would be appreciated.Thanks

14 days will do the trick.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

Hi all!:cool:

I'm a new forum entry, so welcome all fellow sufferers!

I am with the Halifax bank and I am in process of requesting my statements. I received 4 yrs worth so far, but still awaiting 2 more years.

Total charges so far on my account is over £3, 500! Just 2 more years to count He! he!

Does anyone know if you get back ALL theses charges in FULL? Or, is it a % of the charges?

Soon be "laughing all the way to the bank":lol: I hope!

Best regards,

martin

Hi - take a bit of time to read up first to make sure that you have the facts before going too far ahead. Read the FAQs and template letters then have a good read around here to see how others are getting on. Keep any progress on your own claim or questions that arise in a new thread in the forum for your bank to make it easier for others to follow and advise you. There's a set of links in my sig below that will help you find where all this useful information is. Well done for getting started! :)

You should start your own thread rather than tagging on to the end of someone else's - it helps yours to be seen and avoids confusing the other person's thread. You claim back the whole charge because once the charge exceeds the true cost the whole amount is unlawful.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!