A.S. Securi-T Parking Fine - HELP!?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5691 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Can someone help me?

I parked in a church car park which was signed to say 'no parking without a permit'. I was popping to post something in the church on a bank holiday monday and there were no other cars in this car park. My parnter was driving my car not me, but i was in the passanger seat. I was gone about 3 mins and returned to a fine on my car. I looked everywhere for the parkng attendant, but they must have vanished within seconds!

The fine is for £118 which im not paying. Can they legally do this? Especially on a bank holiday when i thought all parking restrictions are not applied? Im not paying this firstly cause it was a bank holiday, secondly because of the sneaky way they were watching me, thirdly because £118 is obsene! And forthly because i was actually visiting the church?

Can you please help to advise me?

thanks alot

OK facts first

Yes they can legally attach a worthless piece of paper (hereafter called invoice because it is NOT a fine) to your car.

Parking restrictions matter not about Bank Holidays if it's private land.

Whilst you may have been visiting the church the sign did say that you need a valid permit to park there, if you didn't have a valid permit on display then you didn't comply with the land owners conditions regarding parking on land they own.

Just because the attendant was sneaky does not give you grounds to refuse paying

NOW THE GOOD NEWS

£118 is punitive and would not be held up in any court of law, they can only sue you for any fiscal loss, so if there was no charge to park there they have lost nothing and can sue you for nothing (unless you damaged something).

This is NOT a fine, they cannot fine you, it's an invoice which you don't have to pay (but you will help the environment if you recycle the paper together will all the ever more threatening (but totally useless) letters they will no doubt send you.

Read the stickies and decide how you want to proceed, either ignore everything or just fire off the standard reply once they have got your details from the DVLA (wait for that because it costs them £2.50 to get them).

FINALLY

Next time you are saying your prayers slip in the name of the Company who issued this ticket in the hope that the Big Man will be annoyed that they dared ticket you whilst you were doing something on his behalf.

Mossy

most assuredly do not contact them. most assuredly wait for them to have spent 2.50 with the DVLA and have sent you a letter. we can then find out if the church knows anything about this at all.

maf91 please don't use blasphamous language on a thread invovling a CHURCH CARPARK! ;-)

im sorry ill go to confession on sunday at a church with free car parking:rolleyes:

"let us forgive our tresspasses as we forgive those who tresspass against us"

Yes, ignoring is the most efficient way, but it be fun to incorporate the above response "on behalf of the driver at the time" in a "go forth and multiply" response to the PPC

Edited by Barnsley Boy

"let us forgive our tresspasses as we forgive those who tresspass against us"

Yes, ignoring is the most efficient way, but it be fun to incorporate the above response "on behalf of the driver at the time" in a "go forth and multiply" response to the PPC

We're getting our torts in a twist here BB. This is for an invoice breach of parking contract not damages for trespass. :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider writing to the church and expressing your disgust and pointing out the lack of legalty about such fines.

It always amazes me how so called ethical organisations can employ people to 'fine' who uses their land. Churches and the Co-op are terrible for this.

My housemates and I have had dealings with AS Securi-T. They patrol our residential premises in Southampton and we have knowingly parked against the parking conditions regularly (we disagree with the policy). In total we have some 55 tickets between us (= ~ £6000).

They send a letter saying we owe them money pay in 14 days, after that they send one from their debt collector (which is infact them), then repeat several times over 9-12 months. They then give up - job done.

Don't reply to them at all. I think it's a small company with only a few people in it (2-3).