• Tweets

• vs Boris' ego and self-image
    • Very good, BN.   I did read earlier that one of the Scottish scientists said measures in Scotland are starting to work but that there's a way to go.
    • lets cut to the chase, HB,  Christmas is Cancelled,  it already is by the Wee Nippy in Scotland it seems, where she is talking of a Zoom Christmas. so record a parody Christmas song.  Zoom Christmas a parody of Bing Crosby White Christmas I might just do that today Fire up the DAW plug in the mic
    • @honeybee13I genuinely think Boris is confused about what to do. Economic disaster v even more unexpected deaths.    I see what you mean, UB, but is it possible that dithering since September means that lockdown will be longer and cost the economy more than if there had been a two or three week circuit breaker a few weeks ago?   I'm interested to know why it's going to be on Wednesday, so quite a wait from it being known, albeit through two newspapers and not an announcement yet. France had a day or two's notice of their second lockdown.  
    • I'm trying to understand the whole story.   However it would help if you would identify the companies you have been dealing with
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Just had a visit from a DCA

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4082 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am so desperate for 1 of these field agents to knock on my door i really am - cant wait for them to just be left standing there making a fool of themselves when i dont responde or tell them to go away :)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you mean this Emma, no- that was the dispute they have been ignoring since August.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi everyone and thanks for the replies

quick recap

cca requested

they sent back some bumph

sent them a non compliance letter

sent them a stop harrassing me by telephone letter

sent them a letter to say I did not request a home visit

in the meantime got letters from power2contact and frederick international...told them both to get lost because account in dispute

then i got that letter from Cap one today

Hi Emma

Have the supplied you with a proper CCA before they sold it on.

Gaz

Hi Gaz

Cap One haven't sold it on. Ms Renshaw says in her letter power2contact are working on their behalf

If you have had a letter from Fredrick International it seems like they may have tried to sell it on.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

If you have had a letter from Fredrick International it seems like they may have tried to sell it on.

Hi Emma

yes I think so but i've not heard anything from Fredericks since i told em to bog off

xx

I did say tried!;)

I'm hoping to get the same result from Capquest.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

• 10 months later...

UPDATE

it's been almost a year since I heard anything from Cap One or any of their cronies. I wrote and told them to bog off when they couldn't come up with a proper CCA. Today (28/08/09) I received these letters in the same envelope.

What next? Do I CCA Lowells or just ignore them?. Can I SAR Cap One and claim charges and mis sold PPI? Any advice as what to do next gratefully received. Thanks in advance x

scan0009.jpg

scan0010.jpg

It's up to you Emma.

I normally ignore the first DCA letter...you will probably get another within a week or so. Then just reply to Lowells as you did previously in the thread, not acknowledging the debt and asking them to prove it. Also add the standard bits about only communicating in writing and revoking licence for anyone to visit your property.

When they get around to sending you a copy of the agreement (which they will probably have to go back to OC to get) just write and tell them the account is in dispute and ignore all future communications.

Ultimately, such matters will continue to prevail until such time as the matter is taken to court or becomes statute barred.

Best of luck...:p

PS...someone else will need to advise about the charges....you might be on dodgy ground there but certainly the PPI might be worth it. However, they may just end up crediting this sum against the account they have sold to Lowells...I read something similar on another thread.

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Hi Welshmam and thanks for the quick reply. Think i'll do what you suggest and ignore them at first.

I cant quite understand why the letters are in the same envelope? And I can't stop laughing at this bit 'it is our aim to help you clear the indebtedness you currently have with ourselves'. Is indebtedness actually a real word? lol x

I cant quite understand why the letters are in the same envelope? And I can't stop laughing at this bit 'it is our aim to help you clear the indebtedness you currently have with ourselves'. Is indebtedness actually a real word? lol x

Because in fact Lowell sent both letters, (although they will deny it flat).

If you notice, it's on white paper and Cap 1 never use a data block, (the square thing in the middle), they use barcodes.

David

I'd regard this as a positive result Emma, since it means Cap One have given up and sold the account for pennies in the pound to the dregs of the DCA'a Lowell Portfolio who seem to do nothing other than write threatening letters using multiple names.

You'll get plenty of help dealing with those clowns on here.

You're in the home straight now!

Because in fact Lowell sent both letters, (although they will deny it flat).

Agreed...keep the envelope though. Deeds of Assignment are meant to be sent by recorded or registered delivery. So, if Lowell's did instigate proceedings at a later date, it's something you can use against them also.

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

This is my first post and if I'm doing anything wrong I'm sorry

Hi Emma (Love the name LoL)

Like others I have been reading threads on here for quite a while and have gained a lot of insight re the way DCA's work and that in turn helps a great deal

Here's a little piece of info I've picked up ...

In Lowell's letter they give you the chance to pay by "Debit Card or Credit Card"

This is a much shortened clip from OFT Guidelines ...

"The following list is taken from the new Debt Collection Guidelines for holders of consumer credit licences.

Putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive.

This includes ....

Pressurising you to sell property or take out more debt"

I know someone with more experience will correct me if I'm wrong but I think Lowell have messed up straight away by mentioning payment by Credit Card

Don't let them get you down, easier said than done I know but the success stories on here make great reading

My thanks to all those who's posts I've read and I hope over time I'll be able to help as well

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=