Just had a visit from a DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you mean this Emma, no- that was the dispute they have been ignoring since August.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi everyone and thanks for the replies

quick recap

cca requested

they sent back some bumph

sent them a non compliance letter

sent them a stop harrassing me by telephone letter

sent them a letter to say I did not request a home visit

in the meantime got letters from power2contact and frederick international...told them both to get lost because account in dispute

then i got that letter from Cap one today

If you have had a letter from Fredrick International it seems like they may have tried to sell it on.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

If you have had a letter from Fredrick International it seems like they may have tried to sell it on.

Hi Emma

yes I think so but i've not heard anything from Fredericks since i told em to bog off

xx

I did say tried!;)

I'm hoping to get the same result from Capquest.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

• 10 months later...

UPDATE

it's been almost a year since I heard anything from Cap One or any of their cronies. I wrote and told them to bog off when they couldn't come up with a proper CCA. Today (28/08/09) I received these letters in the same envelope.

What next? Do I CCA Lowells or just ignore them?. Can I SAR Cap One and claim charges and mis sold PPI? Any advice as what to do next gratefully received. Thanks in advance x

scan0009.jpg

scan0010.jpg

It's up to you Emma.

I normally ignore the first DCA letter...you will probably get another within a week or so. Then just reply to Lowells as you did previously in the thread, not acknowledging the debt and asking them to prove it. Also add the standard bits about only communicating in writing and revoking licence for anyone to visit your property.

When they get around to sending you a copy of the agreement (which they will probably have to go back to OC to get) just write and tell them the account is in dispute and ignore all future communications.

Ultimately, such matters will continue to prevail until such time as the matter is taken to court or becomes statute barred.

Best of luck...:p

PS...someone else will need to advise about the charges....you might be on dodgy ground there but certainly the PPI might be worth it. However, they may just end up crediting this sum against the account they have sold to Lowells...I read something similar on another thread.

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Hi Welshmam and thanks for the quick reply. Think i'll do what you suggest and ignore them at first.

I cant quite understand why the letters are in the same envelope? And I can't stop laughing at this bit 'it is our aim to help you clear the indebtedness you currently have with ourselves'. Is indebtedness actually a real word? lol x

I cant quite understand why the letters are in the same envelope? And I can't stop laughing at this bit 'it is our aim to help you clear the indebtedness you currently have with ourselves'. Is indebtedness actually a real word? lol x

Because in fact Lowell sent both letters, (although they will deny it flat).

If you notice, it's on white paper and Cap 1 never use a data block, (the square thing in the middle), they use barcodes.

David

I'd regard this as a positive result Emma, since it means Cap One have given up and sold the account for pennies in the pound to the dregs of the DCA'a Lowell Portfolio who seem to do nothing other than write threatening letters using multiple names.

You'll get plenty of help dealing with those clowns on here.

You're in the home straight now!

Because in fact Lowell sent both letters, (although they will deny it flat).

Agreed...keep the envelope though. Deeds of Assignment are meant to be sent by recorded or registered delivery. So, if Lowell's did instigate proceedings at a later date, it's something you can use against them also.

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

This is my first post and if I'm doing anything wrong I'm sorry

Hi Emma (Love the name LoL)

Like others I have been reading threads on here for quite a while and have gained a lot of insight re the way DCA's work and that in turn helps a great deal

Here's a little piece of info I've picked up ...

In Lowell's letter they give you the chance to pay by "Debit Card or Credit Card"

This is a much shortened clip from OFT Guidelines ...

"The following list is taken from the new Debt Collection Guidelines for holders of consumer credit licences.

Putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive.

This includes ....

Pressurising you to sell property or take out more debt"

I know someone with more experience will correct me if I'm wrong but I think Lowell have messed up straight away by mentioning payment by Credit Card

Don't let them get you down, easier said than done I know but the success stories on here make great reading

My thanks to all those who's posts I've read and I hope over time I'll be able to help as well

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=