Just had a visit from a DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Emma

Don't worry about it, i had a call from Power 2 Contact the same as you.

I told him in a nive way to go, and he left:D.

I also took photo's of him his car and his car number plate.

I to sen't a template letter of not heard any more from them but its only been 2 weeks since they came.

Gaz

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the replies guys and to smt37 for the letter template. I'll be sending that tomorrow.

In the meantime, Cap One have now passed me over to Frederick International. No notification...found a number on caller display the other day, googled it and found it to be them...3 more calls last night and today and this time leaving me messages....

'This is an important message from Frederick International regarding a personal business matter. Please can you contact us on 08453133997 at your earliest convenience.'

I also received this letter from them this morning

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp79/EMMAROYD1/scan89001.jpg

Cant believe they've got their own version of worldpay :rolleyes:

Do I ignore Frederick International or send them a letter saying the account is in dispute and refer them back to Capital One?

cheers

Emma Royd

xx

PS Should I mention to Capital One that i've been in touch with my MP over their unfair treatment whilst ppi claims pending and complaining about the insurance companies. I've had 3 replies back from his secretary and she says he'll be in touch shortly :-D

Send these new muppets the "ACCOUNT IN SERIOUS DISPUTE" letter in post #50 of this thread.

My OH has had this passing about of an unenforceable debt and it usually gets back to the OC in the end.

Good luck

PV :D

LOWELLS-Stat Demand Set Aside-No CCA & Statute Barred-£1800-Gone Away-April 2008

Scotcall on behalf of Cabot-£2200-no CCA returned to Cabot-file closed-March 2009

Cabot-Court Claim issued despite no CCA and Stat Barred-Claim discontinued-March 2009

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES. :)

It's the classic 'bemused' letter you need to send to Frederdick International:

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to yourselves, as it is in dispute with the **original creditor/DCA** and has been since DATE 2008.

Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998

My last letter from **original creditor/DCA** was DATE and intimated that my complaint would be

resolved on **DATE**, this obviously hasn’t happened.

As **original creditor/DCA** are now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, OFT Collection Guidelines, *Subject Access request and have also breached *s10 Data Protection Act request , I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default enforcement action is NOT permitted, under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to the **original creditor/DCA** for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as **New DCA** cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If **New DCA** chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that any continued pursuit is in violation of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40 as well as breaching a number of the OFT Collection Guidelines

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

**Edit to suit**

UPDATE

Received these two letters today 17/09/08 one dated 10/09/08 and the other one dated 11/09/08.

This one in response to my letter complaining about the doorstep visit without my permission

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp79/EMMAROYD1/scan44001.jpg

and this one in response to my letter saying that the had not complied with my CCA request by not sending me a true copy

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp79/EMMAROYD1/scan440003.jpg

Can anyone help with replies please

thanks

Emma Royd

xx

There is so much nonsense spoken in that 2nd letter its incredible.....they have no power/authority over you whatsoever - only a county court does :rolleyes:

As you well know, he did it so you'd scream, faint and hand him every penny you have to hand along with your bank details.

Because he's not some spotty youth, he's a big, scary, debt collecting MONSTER!

Sorry, I think I've been spending too much time reading posts by Fuzzy Bobble.

OMG the man is becoming an icon. :p

I think we should all buy gingerbread men and have a mass gingerbread man feast. Mr Fuzzy Bobble has certainly cheered me up on quite a few occasions, and made me realise that my DCA problems are nothing to worry about. LONG MAY HE REIGN. :cool:

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Hi Emma,

smt37 is right... that's the one to send.

PV :)

LOWELLS-Stat Demand Set Aside-No CCA & Statute Barred-£1800-Gone Away-April 2008

Scotcall on behalf of Cabot-£2200-no CCA returned to Cabot-file closed-March 2009

Cabot-Court Claim issued despite no CCA and Stat Barred-Claim discontinued-March 2009

What you are getting from Crap 1 is a lot of standard letters, automated bullsh*t and threat-o-matics which anyone on here who had a card from them, including me, can tell you ammounts to zilch.

If they ain't got a working CCA, that's about all they can do.

I wouldn't worry about them, not only do they display a stunning level of incompetence, ZW is right, they really are that stupid!

David

:) thanks again guys

letters all done and ready to post. I'm feeling a lot more positive now than when I first found this site a few weeks ago. I've pulled my head right out of the sand and i'm ready to fight back :-D

cheers

Emma Royd

xx

That's the spirit!

I know exactly how you feel, when the threats arrive in the post it makes you panic and worry SO much, but then CAG offers so much great advice and friendship and support. It's not long before you feel empowered.

Go get 'em!

PV :)

• Haha 1

:) thanks again guys

letters all done and ready to post. I'm feeling a lot more positive now than when I first found this site a few weeks ago. I've pulled my head right out of the sand and i'm ready to fight back :-D

cheers

Emma Royd

xx

Well done Emma, I have only been here a couple of weeks, and I feel great. I have even reclaimed money from Rossendales Bailiffs thanks to the support and help I have received from this site.

I cca'd 5 companies last week and took great pleasure in telling a doorstep collector from Moorcroft to go away (well Hubby did) 2 days ago.

I sleep at night now instead of worrying.

• Haha 1

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

yes i'm sleeping alot better too. Not so many late nights sitting up playing bl**dy games on facebook :-D.

Emma Royd

xx

Nothing wrong with games on facebook. try cobacoli in mindjolt games :D

I've not heard anything from Power 2 Contact since I sent them a letter saying my account was in dispute with Cap 1. I'd already CCA'd Cap 1. I've just typed the same letter to Frederickson International as it seems Cap 1 have passed me over to them now :D

Emma Royd

xx

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE

Received this letter today in reply to my last bog off letter sent to them on the 19th September

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp79/EMMAROYD1/scan90001.jpg

Now Ms Renshaw is talking a load of cr*p!! The lad who knocked on my door told me he was from Debitas and never mentioned Power2Contact. I wrote to Power2Contact weeks ago and told them my account was in dispute and i've never heard anything back from them.

any thoughts on how to reply

cheers

xx

Hi Emma

Take no notice of this letter, if you've sent Cap1 a CCA and they have not responded then that's down to them. Also its against the cusumer act for them to pass your info on to a third party while in dispute.

Gaz

Like Cap1 are bothered by consumer law. I found out today they have sold my disputed account to Capquest.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .