- Received BCW letter - Mystery creditor -

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Son received this letter this morning.

However they don't say who their client is other than Phoenix recoveries who are just another DCA.

The ref number doesn't relate to any creditor he has debts with nor does the balance. Any suggestions as to a good "explain what you are on about letter"

Thanks

Alf

BCWedit.jpg

How about this one Alf...

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

Yours faithfully

**Edit to suit **and don't forget, print your name, don't sign it. Send it recorded.

Regards.

Guest forgottenone

This is exactly how BCW 'announced' themselves to me last year ... no name, nothing except this 'Phoenix' outfit.

This is exactly how BCW 'announced' themselves to me last year ... no name, nothing except this 'Phoenix' outfit.

And what did you find out about who the creditor was, anything?

Are they still chasing you for the same unsubstanciated debt?

Guest forgottenone

Unfortunately, yes ... first it was a confusing letter from Phoenix themselves, no creditor given and I open it going 'WTF does this mean??? what the hell is this about??' mentally *before the days I knew what threatograms were* ... next day ... got the BCW letter ... turns out it was Shop Direct Financial Services ... aka Littlewoods. Naively, but only because I didn't know my rights, I paid it by the end of the week. Just. Had some spare cash I'd scraped together, ... but they were utter utter so and sos on the phone ...

It was for an account I had genuinely forgotten all about ... very easy to do given the circumstances at the time ...

Tried to find out who Phoenix were online at the time. Odd thing was, was that the letter template sent by Phoenix and BCW ... were identical, layout was the same. At the time I assumed they were one and the same company. Don't think they are.

I see, this could be the case here as son has two disputed debts with SDFS. Kays and Additions. Although the ref number BCW are quoting don't match either of them or the balance. He has never had any letters from Phoenix. Only Fredrickson International and Resolution Legal Servies, both quoting Phoenix as their client.

So guess he will just have to wait for a reply to the 'know nothing about it' letter he has just sent them.

• 2 weeks later...
Got a reply from BCW

BCWedit-1.jpg

What documentation are they asking for from their client?

I never asked for any. Sent them them [42MAN] bog off letter in post #2.?

Well another letter this morning from BCW, same date 03/09

Not rearly the documentation I was expecting, even though I didn't ask for any;

BCW2ndedit.jpg

Should I just ignore it, as they appear to have their wires crossed like most of the other DCA's do

Edited by alfwithhair

Its not fair :(. Whenever I get a threat-o-gram form BCW they always charge me £12 for the honour. They must like you better than me.:wink::wink:

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Alf...send them a letter saying that as from now, you will charge them £12 for each letter you have to write.....

THEN you can send them a letter saying EXACTLY what they have written....it's pathetic, all they have is a letter saying 'YOU OWE US THIS'

• 4 months later...

Another year starts and another DCA in the play ground

Never received the paperwork I didn't ask for from BCW, instead a letter from Snotcall.

Totally different ref numbers to BCW but must be chasing the same debt as the balance is the same. Conveniently turned up today, well passed the 7 day deadline to pay.

snotcallJan09.jpg

So Monday will see that start of the 'do one' letter writing again. Will send them the same one as BCW unless anyone has a better suggestion, as still none the wiser what this debt is, never had an argos account. BCW said I owed Pheonix? Wish they would make their mind up