Jump to content

TFL big screw up. help me claim.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4840 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts



My car was towed by bailiffs that work for TFL for a congestion charge pcn and was sold while a statutory decleration was going on.


TFL sent the original PCN to the wrong address (different to what was on logbook) and I have proofe of this from them in writing.


Bailiff came and towed my car even though I told them it was used from my employment ( I am self employed).


I wrote to bailiff to tell them I am self employed and I need my car but no response.


I had signed a statutory decleration Out of time and this was being proccessed and while the pcn was suspended tfl gave the green light to the bailiff to sell my car.


Tfl have done everything wrong, I spoke to them and they told me yea sorry the car was sold. They told me to write to them and tell them what I want them to do about it.


What shall I put in writing to them. I want to claim money for my car back and claim damages.


What advice can you guys give to me. shall I get a solicitor, If so do you know of any in London that have experience dealing with TFL.


Any advice would be more than welcome.



Link to post
Share on other sites

this not the first time we have heard of this happening. was it Drakes or Phillips ?

have a search for other example(s) and contact tomtubby on here - bailiff expert.

Might be an idea to get this thread moved to the bailiffs section. Last I heard Tomtubby's PM facility had been suspended. A posting in the bailiff's section will probably get to her notice quicker.


This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.



Link to post
Share on other sites


As a retired Police Officer, I have some knowledge - not complete. As far as I am aware bailiifs are NOT allowed to take the tools of your trade. Noe, whether this includes a vehicle or not may depend on how it was registered. Was it registered to your company, or to you as an individual. My best advice would be to see a solicitor. They will have to be sued for acting outside of their legal uathority. Do it right away. Keep records of jobs that you have lost and therefore lost payment for etc.


Best of luck - Scousegeezer.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...