• Tweets

• Thank-you dx for your feedback. That is the reason I posted my opinion, because I am trying to learn more and this is one of the ways to learn, by posting my opinions and if I am incorrect then being advised of the reasons I am incorrect. I am not sure if you have educated me on the points in my post that would be incorrect. However, you are correct on one point, I shall refrain from posting on any other thread other than my own going forward and if you think my post here is unhelpful, misleading or in any other way inappropriate, then please do feel obliged to delete it but educate me on the reason why. To help my learning process, it would be helpful to know what I got wrong other than it goes against established advice considering the outcome of a recent court case on this topic that seemed to suggest it was dismissed due to an appeal not being made at the first stage. Thank-you.   EDIT:  Just to be clear, I am not intending to go against established advice by suggesting that appeals should ALWAYS be made, just my thoughts on the particular case of paying for parking and entering an incorrect VRN. Should this ever happen to me, I will make an appeal at the first stage to avoid any problems that may occur at a later stage. Although, any individual in a similar position should decide for themselves what they think is an appropriate course of action. Also, I continue to be grateful for any advice you give on my own particular case.  
    • you can have your humble opinion.... You are very new to all this private parking speculative invoice game you have very quickly taken it upon yourself to be all over this forum, now to the extent of moving away from your initial thread with your own issue that you knew little about handling to littering the forum and posting on numerous established and existing threads, where advice has already been given or a conclusion has already resulted, with your theories conclusions and observations which of course are very welcomed. BUT... in some instances, like this one...you dont quite match the advice that the forum and it's members have gathered over a very long consensual period given in a tried and trusted consistent mannered thoughtful approach. one could even call it forum hi-jacking and that is becoming somewhat worrying . dx
    • Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant .... I said DCBL because I was reading a few threads about them discontinuing claims and getting spanked in court! Meant  YOU  Highview !!!  🖕 The more I read this forum and the more I engage with it's incredible users, the more I learn and the more my knowledge expands. If my case gets to court, the Judge will dismiss it after I utter my first sentence, and you DCBL and Highview don't even know why .... OMG! .... So excited to get to court!
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other! One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Roydosan v Barclaycard ***SETTLED IN FULL***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok now I've sent off the Data Protection Act Special Access Request and had copies of statements after May 2004 with the usual reply about the microfiche. But there was something about the letter which caught my eye. I quote:

"Please note that Barclaycard only introduced charges for exceeding the credit limit and late payment in mid-2001."

Now I have most of my statements from before 2004 (only missing about 12 or so) and there have been fines imposed well before that date - so I don't see how this statement can be true. Anyone else found this to be the case?

Alliance & Leicester MBNA Credit Card

Data Protection Act letter sent 3 July 2006.

Incomplete list of charges received 12 August 2006

Requested repayment of charges 10 November 2006

LBA sent 24 November 2006

Estimated £4650 in fines and interest.

Barclaycard

Incomplete statements sent 9 July 2006

Requested repayment of charges 14 August 2006

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Estimated £468 in fines and interest.

Initiated claim at MCOL 20 September 2006

Claiming £615.47 including fines & interest, s69 interest and costs

Claim acknowledged 10 October 2006

Defence filed 20 October 2006

Settled in full £640 total. 14 December 2006

Vodafone

Requested Default Notice removed 10 July 2006

Received letter agreeing to request 10 August 2006

While not a definitive answer, I have statements going back to 1998, I missed the odd payment here and there but only have charges applied from August 2001 so their statement may actually be correct.

But I don't see how that can be - I have had a fine of £20 imposed in October 99! Almost two years before they say they started them!

Barclaycard

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Vodafone

Roydosan, what was the specific name given to your £20 fine in 1999?

I definitely missed the odd payment prior to 2001 but they only charged me late fees from late 2001 onwards.

I've just seen another thread "BobinRamsey v Barclaycard" who also confirms charges only started in 2001.

It seems odd that you have charges from before that, particularly when Barclaycard have categorically stated they only introduced fees in mid-2001. While I do believe the banks knew all along that their charges were unlawful but thought they'd get away with it, I find it much harder to believe they'd deliberately lie to you.

Obviously though they charged you for something so it would be interesting to know what the charge was for.

The charge is listed on my October 99 statement as an 'Out of Order Fee' of £20. They are right about one thing - it was bang out of order!

Barclaycard

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Vodafone

• 1 month later...

DPA expired so I've sent off the preliminary request for repayment of charges. As I'm now disputing the charges should I continue to pay my monthly Barclaycard bill or should I halt this whilst the action is proceeding (my outstanding balance is less than what I am claiming)?

Barclaycard

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Vodafone

I worked for Barclaycard until 99.

They introduced automatic out of order fees around 98/99 as the American Card companies such as MBNA became competition in the UK and made so much money from them. Previously the out or order fees were only applied after being threatened when overdue/overlimit and not paid. The fees were therefore to cover the costs in chasing up the overdue/overlimit payment rather than just automatically apply to any account overdue/overlimit without any additional cost.

"Please note that Barclaycard only introduced charges for exceeding the credit limit and late payment in mid-2001."

Now I have most of my statements from before 2004 (only missing about 12 or so) and there have been fines imposed well before that date - so I don't see how this statement can be true. Anyone else found this to be the case?

:rolleyes: Thats exactly what I noticed when trawling through my statements - 16 January 2001 Late payment charge £12.00. However they did increase it to £15 mid 2001 - perhaps they are only refering to the charges above the £12.00 they believe that the OFT agree with!!!

M3shl

• 3 weeks later...

I've issued the LBA (which expires on Wednesday) and am getting ready to issue the court claim. But as I'm now disputing the charges in court should I continue to pay my monthly Barclaycard bill or should I halt this whilst the action is proceeding (my outstanding balance is less than what I am claiming)?

Barclaycard

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Vodafone

Is anyone able to answer/help with this???

Barclaycard

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Vodafone

anyone got any advice on this?

Barclaycard

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Vodafone

I think this is your call really. Probably easier to keep paying and avoid the hassle of phone calls and letters. But on some of the other threads people have stopped payments and sent the company a letter stating as the amount is in dispute, under the banking code (someone on here will be able to give you the exact section, as I have seen it on another thread) they shouldn't default you on the account. Mind you they will probably add more charges on for you to claim back lol.

Good luck with your claim

ali;)

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

Issued court claim against Barclaycard yesterday.

Barclaycard

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Vodafone

Issued court claim against Barclaycard yesterday.

That's music to my ears... go get 'em!!!:D

-Warms (Alexandra)-

---------------------------------------------

Whatever I post is just my opinion, no more, no less!:!:

NatWest=>settled in full, no strings!:D

NatWest creditcard=>settled in full, no strings!:D

• 2 weeks later...

Ok 4 October today and still nothing has happened - no paperwork from the court and the MCOL website states that the claim was issued on 21/09/06 and the judgment reads "Start" - does anyone know what this means?

Barclaycard

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Vodafone

Anyone?????

Barclaycard

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Vodafone

Hi Roy

It means bcard have not acknoweledged the claim within the 14 day deadline. You can now therefore start judegment - simply click on start in MCOL and follow the online instructions. Unfortunately this is not likely to be the end of the road as bcard can apply to have the judgemnt overturned, they can then file defence etc in usual manner.

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world

Barclaycard have now acknowledged the claim. Does that mean they now have another 14 days or what happens now?

Barclaycard

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Vodafone

Defence duly filed by Barclaycard today. Just waiting for the court date now....

Barclaycard

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Vodafone

Received the Allocation Questionnaire today with a copy of Barclaycard's defence statement.

In Section G do I include further details about the claim or do I attach a separate "Particulars of Claim" with the AQ, along with my spreadsheet, etc. Sorry if this is a basic question but the FAQs are not clear on this and I want to get it right before I send it off.

Barclaycard

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Vodafone

Is a 'Particulars of Claim' attached with the Allocation Questionnaire or is it something you send later?

What documents, if any, should I send with the Allocation Questionnaire?

Barclaycard

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Vodafone

It's for credit card fees. I raised a court claim through MCOL. CC company have filed a defence and the court has sent me the AQ to complete.

Barclaycard

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Vodafone