• Tweets

• So after much to-ing and fro-ing, I received notification from the court a couple of days ago that my case will now be heard on May 2022, which suits me fine😊. Any delay or wasting of time endured by Highview Parking is music to my ears, as it hopefully will get them to ponder and reflect whether it is worth their while having to wait an entire year for adjudication over some stupid and paltry PCN. Having said that, I look forward to the hearing as I'm 200% confident of my defence and for which I owe a great deal of gratitude to everyone who chipped in here with those awesome tips and advice. The battle isn't won yet, but the 1 year delay is itself a little moral victory for me. Thanks peeps 🙏🙏
    • Apart from the fact that it was getting too long, I don't think it is necessary to give them any further explanation. I've added a single line which refers to the increasing of your monthly payments by the adding of alleged arrears to the mortgage – and that this is in direct defiance of the ombudsman's direction. If I were you I would leave it there. Also, I think that you should keep it broadly in the same order as I suggested with the fact that their clients have only just woken up – as being the first line that they see and hopefully they will understand that they are dealing with somebody with a very bolshie attitude about this – which is what I think you need to project. Let me know if you really want to change anything else – but frankly I think that you need to keep at this point it is possible. You don't need to give them any further explanation of the ombudsman's direction. I think you've supplied them with a copy of the order already haven't you? If not – then attach the order
    • this is my draft   In reply to your email on Friday the 18th of June.                Firstly today I have received a letter from Barclays informing me that my monthly mortgage payments have gone up by £143 per month that when you calculate over the remaining term of the mortgage it equates to approximately 24k which is very near to the figure which was assumed by the bank to be my arrears. There was no explanation or calculation attached which I find hard to believe. So after contacting the bank and asking the adviser he confirmed that the bank had added on the amount to cover the arrears ( that don’t exist) so in reality I am going to pay the arrears twice. This below is what the ombudsman told your clients to do but unfortunately they obviously cannot read  I quote From the ombudsman to Barclays   My final decision is that Barclays Bank UK Plc should: · Restructure Mr A’s mortgage as if any arrears balance was added to the main balance of the mortgage and the arrears extinguished upon the inception of the mortgage set out in the mortgage offer dated 29 June 2019. · Amend Mr A’s credit file and any internal records in line with the above – so that any arrears were cleared upon inception of the new mortgage   I have asked the bank on numerous occasions for statements in relation to the so called arrears and  my overpayments  Which add up to a few thousand pounds so I can calculate what is also owed to me. They are refusing to give the statements to me stating that because I have missed payments they do not have to supply them , I don’t believe this is right and is not in line with the banking code of conduct.   The fact that your clients have only just woken up and instructed you is no concern of mine. It is simply a further demonstration of their poor attitude to the interests of their customers and also their disregard for decisions made by the financial ombudsman service.   You refer to a "short delay" but I notice that you are unwilling to give any kind of commitment. Your letter is littered with "as soon as possible" and "in due course". But the ombudsman's instructions are clear.  So are the courts powers under the FMSA 2000. There is nothing to consider no negotiation to be had and no compromises to be made - so why the delay?   Because you have made me feel sorry for you I'll give you an extra week. If it was simply a question of money that hadn't been paid, I would agree. There would be no question of prejudice. However, we are talking here about damage to my credit file which has gone on now for well over a year and a half. Your clients may not care about their own  reputation but I certainly care about mine.   The damage to my credit reputation is totally without justification. It is unfair treatment not to mentioninaccurate data processing. It is continuing and your clients are wilfully exacerbating the problem. It's not clear to me whether they are doing this deliberately or simply because of their ineptitude. Do you know? I'm quite happy that you share these documents with the court. Especially your admission that your clients have only just now instructed you despite the fact that this matter has been ongoing for a considerable time. Frankly I would have thought that it would be in your client's interest not to reveal how slack their attitude and procedures are – but that's a matter for you. And incidentally, there will be no question of costs if you simply don't try to put any response or defence. The ombudsman's decision is binding and there'sactually no reason for you to get involved except to hold a dialogue with your client and tell them to get a move on. If your clients instruct you to get involved, then it will be completely unnecessary. This is not a contentious matter. There will be no need for an injunction if your client simply did what they were told by the ombudsman – which they will eventually have to do anyway. I'm preparing the form N322 to apply for an ex parte injunction as we speak. Legal proceedings for statutory breaches of FCA regulations and also the Data Protection Act will follow once your clients have complied with the FCA direction – whether they do it voluntarily or they are forced to by the court. So don't come back and say you didn't know about that either.   Regards,
    • Incidentally, at the point of sale or on a website or anything, do they make any claims in respect of the so-called arbitration service run by Alex?   By the way, could you give us the actual email address of the motor complaints thing? You seem to have misspelt it twice so far. Can you doublecheck please
  • Our picks

Roydosan v Barclaycard ***SETTLED IN FULL***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok now I've sent off the Data Protection Act Special Access Request and had copies of statements after May 2004 with the usual reply about the microfiche. But there was something about the letter which caught my eye. I quote:

"Please note that Barclaycard only introduced charges for exceeding the credit limit and late payment in mid-2001."

Now I have most of my statements from before 2004 (only missing about 12 or so) and there have been fines imposed well before that date - so I don't see how this statement can be true. Anyone else found this to be the case?

Alliance & Leicester MBNA Credit Card

Data Protection Act letter sent 3 July 2006.

Incomplete list of charges received 12 August 2006

Requested repayment of charges 10 November 2006

LBA sent 24 November 2006

Estimated £4650 in fines and interest.

Barclaycard

Incomplete statements sent 9 July 2006

Requested repayment of charges 14 August 2006

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Estimated £468 in fines and interest.

Initiated claim at MCOL 20 September 2006

Claiming £615.47 including fines & interest, s69 interest and costs

Claim acknowledged 10 October 2006

Defence filed 20 October 2006

Settled in full £640 total. 14 December 2006

Vodafone

Requested Default Notice removed 10 July 2006

Received letter agreeing to request 10 August 2006

While not a definitive answer, I have statements going back to 1998, I missed the odd payment here and there but only have charges applied from August 2001 so their statement may actually be correct.

But I don't see how that can be - I have had a fine of £20 imposed in October 99! Almost two years before they say they started them!

Barclaycard

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Vodafone

Roydosan, what was the specific name given to your £20 fine in 1999?

I definitely missed the odd payment prior to 2001 but they only charged me late fees from late 2001 onwards.

I've just seen another thread "BobinRamsey v Barclaycard" who also confirms charges only started in 2001.

It seems odd that you have charges from before that, particularly when Barclaycard have categorically stated they only introduced fees in mid-2001. While I do believe the banks knew all along that their charges were unlawful but thought they'd get away with it, I find it much harder to believe they'd deliberately lie to you.

Obviously though they charged you for something so it would be interesting to know what the charge was for.

The charge is listed on my October 99 statement as an 'Out of Order Fee' of £20. They are right about one thing - it was bang out of order!

Barclaycard

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Vodafone

• 1 month later...

DPA expired so I've sent off the preliminary request for repayment of charges. As I'm now disputing the charges should I continue to pay my monthly Barclaycard bill or should I halt this whilst the action is proceeding (my outstanding balance is less than what I am claiming)?

Barclaycard

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Vodafone

I worked for Barclaycard until 99.

They introduced automatic out of order fees around 98/99 as the American Card companies such as MBNA became competition in the UK and made so much money from them. Previously the out or order fees were only applied after being threatened when overdue/overlimit and not paid. The fees were therefore to cover the costs in chasing up the overdue/overlimit payment rather than just automatically apply to any account overdue/overlimit without any additional cost.

"Please note that Barclaycard only introduced charges for exceeding the credit limit and late payment in mid-2001."

Now I have most of my statements from before 2004 (only missing about 12 or so) and there have been fines imposed well before that date - so I don't see how this statement can be true. Anyone else found this to be the case?

:rolleyes: Thats exactly what I noticed when trawling through my statements - 16 January 2001 Late payment charge £12.00. However they did increase it to £15 mid 2001 - perhaps they are only refering to the charges above the £12.00 they believe that the OFT agree with!!!

M3shl

• 3 weeks later...

I've issued the LBA (which expires on Wednesday) and am getting ready to issue the court claim. But as I'm now disputing the charges in court should I continue to pay my monthly Barclaycard bill or should I halt this whilst the action is proceeding (my outstanding balance is less than what I am claiming)?

Barclaycard

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Vodafone

Is anyone able to answer/help with this???

Barclaycard

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Vodafone

anyone got any advice on this?

Barclaycard

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Vodafone

I think this is your call really. Probably easier to keep paying and avoid the hassle of phone calls and letters. But on some of the other threads people have stopped payments and sent the company a letter stating as the amount is in dispute, under the banking code (someone on here will be able to give you the exact section, as I have seen it on another thread) they shouldn't default you on the account. Mind you they will probably add more charges on for you to claim back lol.

Good luck with your claim

ali;)

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

Issued court claim against Barclaycard yesterday.

Barclaycard

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Vodafone

Issued court claim against Barclaycard yesterday.

That's music to my ears... go get 'em!!!:D

-Warms (Alexandra)-

---------------------------------------------

Whatever I post is just my opinion, no more, no less!:!:

NatWest=>settled in full, no strings!:D

NatWest creditcard=>settled in full, no strings!:D

• 2 weeks later...

Ok 4 October today and still nothing has happened - no paperwork from the court and the MCOL website states that the claim was issued on 21/09/06 and the judgment reads "Start" - does anyone know what this means?

Barclaycard

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Vodafone

Anyone?????

Barclaycard

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Vodafone

Hi Roy

It means bcard have not acknoweledged the claim within the 14 day deadline. You can now therefore start judegment - simply click on start in MCOL and follow the online instructions. Unfortunately this is not likely to be the end of the road as bcard can apply to have the judgemnt overturned, they can then file defence etc in usual manner.

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world

Barclaycard have now acknowledged the claim. Does that mean they now have another 14 days or what happens now?

Barclaycard

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Vodafone

Defence duly filed by Barclaycard today. Just waiting for the court date now....

Barclaycard

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Vodafone

Received the Allocation Questionnaire today with a copy of Barclaycard's defence statement.

In Section G do I include further details about the claim or do I attach a separate "Particulars of Claim" with the AQ, along with my spreadsheet, etc. Sorry if this is a basic question but the FAQs are not clear on this and I want to get it right before I send it off.

Barclaycard

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Vodafone

Is a 'Particulars of Claim' attached with the Allocation Questionnaire or is it something you send later?

What documents, if any, should I send with the Allocation Questionnaire?

Barclaycard

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Vodafone

It's for credit card fees. I raised a court claim through MCOL. CC company have filed a defence and the court has sent me the AQ to complete.

Barclaycard

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Vodafone