Lowell/Red + Stat barred

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After reading the site for a few days I am unable to find out what to do next. Can anyone help?

I have sent Lowell/Red a stat barred letter and have recieved a letter from them offering me a generous reduction if I pay them asap!

Just wondering what my next letter should say or do I send nothing and ignore them?

Thanks for any help!

Ignore them.

If they come back, let us know. Dont contact them, dont pay them anything and most importantly - never, ever speak to them on the phone. Ever.

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully they won't get back in touch!

dca do not offer a discount unless they are in trouble

they want your blood

they know its statute barred as you have told them

they cant do any thing and they know it

did they give a response as to your question on it being statute barred

Havent had an answer to that question! Am i right in thinking that they could pass it onto someone else?

i bet they did not respond to your original request.

do as advised, just ignore but

if i were you check your credit files incase lowell have put a default on your credit file.

if they have, under the circumstances it can be removed

there isnt any default on my file. i'm signed up with creditexpert and check regularly so there are no problems there, thankfully!!

If Lowell aka Red Debt aka Hampton Legal continue to send begging letters out in relation to this STat Barred debt or if indeed the pass it on to any other DCA then you must report them for breaching the new CPUTR 2008

there isnt any default on my file. i'm signed up with creditexpert and check regularly so there are no problems there, thankfully!!

I'm signed up with creditexpert aswell Mikky. You may find that your junk mail increases and so do calls from DCA's....:mad:

I'm signed up with creditexpert aswell Mikky. You may find that your junk mail increases and so do calls from DCA's....:mad:

I had wondered about the junk mail increase..i had blamed play.com because i'd registered with them at the same time. I had read on these forums that DCA's and credit ref agencies are hand in hand, so that might explain it!