Town and Country Parking...time change anyone?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5721 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just out of interest ....

Have just got a ticket (civil penalty charge) from Town and country parking at a local shopping centre....for staying longer than 1 hour (first hour parking is free and then it is £1 for second hour) We went to lunch and forgot the time and was according to my timing about 5 min late back to the car...to find a ticket. Very annoying but...

Usually I check the time on the machine/ticket matches my watch...but this time my (7 yo) daugher got it and I didn't. I did do a time check just after I left the car of 13.35. Which fits in with ...

As soon as we arrived I made a mobile call (very distressing -there was an obviously injured but alive rabbit on a slip road coming off the Tay Road Bridge ...I couldn't stop so I phoned the Bridge Control to tell them...they knew about it and it had been there for hours and no-one ..SSPCA included would touch it/put it out of its misery...Sorry back to subject )...the time of this call was 13.22, then my toddler was alsleep -so I messed around a bit with a pram and trying to wake her up by this time my elder daughter and her dad had wandered off ... then we got the ticket...

Now according to this ticket -I must have got it at 13.16....so the time on the machine was wrong...right? But then I checked the machine and it matched my watch...all I can assume is someone had changed the time on the machine ...the same person handing out the tickets???? Or the time on the ticket was different to that on the machine??? According to the ticket the attendent waited for 10 mins before issuing the parking charge...and I was 25 mins over!

Anyone else noticed the time on the ticket dispensing machines changing? Or the time being quite different from real time?

After my battle with Lidl/TPS I'm not going to pay (£60 -reduced to £30 for prompt payment)...I guess if they really insist I might pay the £1 ...

Guest Old_andrew2018

Well as you know there are template letters for these invoices, so as soon as you hear from them you can respectfully tell them to bogof.

The landowners are probably entitled to the £1, The PPC won't be interested in that, they will want their £60.

I'd consider waiting for the "notice to owner" document to come through the door and reply "on behalf of the driver at the time" sellotape a £1 coin to the reply "in full and final settlement" of any conceivable loss.

The only reason for doing the above is that it winds the [problematic] up a treat. Some of us perverse individuals enjoy doing that. If however, as most do, you simply want a quiet life then standard advice remains to ignore, ignore, ignore.