Civil Enforcement Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Simple question?

Are they allowed by law to have access to an individuals DVLA records?

Got one of them £70 notices for parking in a car park next to a works building and the notice has all of my details relating to my vehicle on it?

Cant be right surely?:mad:

Simple question?

Are they allowed by law to have access to an individuals DVLA records?

Got one of them £70 notices for parking in a car park next to a works building and the notice has all of my details relating to my vehicle on it?

Cant be right surely?:mad:

out of interest are you saying they put your name and address on the ticket on ther car??

out of interest are you saying they put your name and address on the ticket on ther car??

No,

The car park is adjacent to a huge building that my local authority and employer , owns.

The tickets are posted out after camera recogmition I am presuming.

The correspondence I received is an Enforcement notice with a tear off payment slip on it.

Cheers

That means that this group can legally access what one would assume to be private info?

Thanks

Yes the registered owner of a car is not deemed 'private' information and is released to anyone that can show a need to access it. Not much is private thesedays with births, deaths electoral role all available online. When companies do a credit check all kinds of information is shared as is marketing information. If you know where to look sadly there is not much thats private anymore.

My wife was pulled over last night by two young and enthusiastic Constables re a red light / amber light jump.

The notice is strewn with spelling and street name errors and was dated for Friday 22nd and not Saturday 23rd when the alleged offence took place.

Will this be worth challenging?

No,

The car park is adjacent to a huge building that my local authority and employer , owns.

The tickets are posted out after camera recogmition I am presuming.

The correspondence I received is an Enforcement notice with a tear off payment slip on it.

Oh right I misread your post and thought the ticket was on the car. If you didn't realise the ticket is vitually unenforceable and is best ignored plenty of advice on the sticky posts at the top of forum.

The FPN which I assume she got is an offer to settle out of Court, if you don't pay I beleive you will be summonsed to Court which is a seperate matter to the FPN and will probably be more correct.

God knows how some PCs ever get employed I had to give a statement a few weeks ago and the PC misspelt almost every other word I was embarrassed having to keep stopping to correct his typing.

The FPN which I assume she got is an offer to settle out of Court, if you don't pay I beleive you will be summonsed to Court which is a seperate matter to the FPN and will probably be more correct.

God knows how some PCs ever get employed I had to give a statement a few weeks ago and the PC misspelt almost every other word I was embarrassed having to keep stopping to correct his typing.

Would happily pay the fine if I thought it had been dealt with appropriately but I am thinking of taking it further

Oh right I misread your post and thought the ticket was on the car. If you didn't realise the ticket is vitually unenforceable and is best ignored plenty of advice on the sticky posts at the top of forum.

Many thanks

Template copied and will be sent to the other 5 of my colleagues who were stung on the same day:)

• 4 weeks later...

i sent a very brief letter to CEL recently asking on what legal basis they were demanding money from me. i got sent back a template letter, many copies of which you will see on this site.

really, it appears as if regardless of what you write to them - be it a sensible letter, or whether you told them to %^&* off, they would still send you back the same old letter saying 'in response to the specific issues we would respond as follows'.

• 4 weeks later...

their turn again

"We have already expended considerable time responding to your representations. We have already clearly stated our case and cannot continue corresponding with you.

The decision that has been sent is final, and your continued failure to make payment will result in this matter being forwarded to a collection agency for recovery"

Time to cease?

how about just one more letter. Along the lines of "In your business you must have discovered by now that a Debt Collections Agency is powerless to do anything when the alleged debt is in dispute and they will HAVE to refer the matter back to you. This is true for bona fide (real) debt collection agencies and even more so for the many pretend ones that abound. As you already clearly are fully aware that this matter is in dispute passing it to either kind of Debt Collection Agency would clearly be a misstep on your part and a complete waste of time for everyone concerned. I have no idea at all what possessed you to say that you would do this."

• 2 months later...
Rings a bell. If you want to carry on winding them up, I recommend this as a good read: Dear Customer Services: Letters from the World's Most Troublesome Shopper: Terry Ravenscroft: Amazon.co.uk: Books

He's very adapt at the art of winding up companies!

will now go for the ignore approach as you originally suggested

cheers:)

Simple answer...

yes

Extreamly debatable IMHO - depends on what the implied term of "reasonable grounds" is according to the DVLA!

I for one, do not consider releasing RK details in persiut of the 'driver' is either right or proper, as neither have any corrolation in contract law.

All the DVLA are doing IMO is aiding and abetting this [problem] of PPC's 'micky-mouse' invoices and annoying joe-public into the bargin (harrisment by deffinition).

My advise to all who receive PPC 'invoices', is to simply ignore them (DO NOT CONTACT THEM - EVER, accept for proper served court papers, but VERY unlikley (some say you've a better chance of winning the LOTTO!) - allow the PPC to do all the chasing - they soon get tired and give up after a few choice corispondance (my own experience on a few occations).