Ebuyer's 28 day policy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4681 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a headset from ebuyer.com about two months ago, but I have only decided to follow this up recently because I've been busy. The microphone on the headset went faulty within a couple of days of the delivery to no obvious faulty of my own. Ebuyer has a 28 day policy for requesting returns or replacements, which I believe is in conflict with the Sale of Goods Act 1979 that gives me 6 months to request repair or replacement from the retailer. When I requested an RMA they forwarded me to the manufacturer for a repair or replacement. Before I call them, am I within my rights as a consumer to demand a replacement?

I just had a read and I think it is saying that after 28 days it will be a repair under warranty.

It does say that the 28 days does not affect your rights under the sale of good act.

It also says - we 'invite' you to use the manufacturere as it will mean speedier repair. Some of the highstreet sellers try and make it that you 'must' use the manufaturer, at least ebuyer are inviting you to reduce any delay.

Go into the site and ask for a returns number and see what comes back.

Just as an aside, SoGA does not restrict the right to a remedy to six months. That time period is merely to do with burden of proof.

As for "This does not affect your statutory rights" - that should only appear if in fact it does NOT affect statutory rights. Slapping such a notice on willy nilly seems to be common practice.

Quite true. I saw one sign in a shop (selling guns - real ones) stating that because people expect the guns to be new they could not refund under any circumstances. This does not effect [sic] your statutery [sic] rights.

They even had the cheek to say that Trading Standards had endorsed the statement!!!