Red Route

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5705 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI

If a PCN was issued for parking in a very short section of the road (maybe 2 car lengths) which is Red Route no stopping at any time, whilst the rest of the road has no restrictions and also for the other side of the road there are no restrictions, then is loading/unloading permitted?

Is photographical evidence taken by the police/TFl?

Thanks

I never saw them take any...btw how do you know green and mean I dont mean to sound rude sorry if it sounds like that lol. But I dont mean too...:)

I work on a Red Route and see the Traffic Wardens and PCSOs wandering about every day and regularly see them taking photos, I've also seen numerous threads with Tfl photos taken at the time posted.

If a sign states that it is a Red Route way no stopping at any time, is this for the road behind or before the sign.

Must there be a sign saying Red route way has ended?

Also, should there be any amrkings on the road itself?

thanks

If a sign states that it is a Red Route way no stopping at any time, is this for the road behind or before the sign.

Must there be a sign saying Red route way has ended?

Also, should there be any amrkings on the road itself?

thanks

Answer to first question is...it is the road beyond the sign that is covered although it can be the same as the bit before if its a repeater sign.

If the red route ends there will be no red route so...no sign.

There should be a red line(s) or a bay.

If there is no red line or a bay on the ground...do I have a case?

I only have one day left to appeal so please help me out quick guys...

The place had a sign and the car was parked behind the sign.

There was no red line on the ground.

Same for the other side of the road it is red route, there is a sign but the road markings are half worn away...but this was the other side. I hadnt stopped there.

Thanks G&M and everyone else!

I only have one day left to appeal so please help me out quick guys...

As mean says, "impossible to tell". you've offered nothing to work with?

location would have been a start. Scan of PCN too.

-

If you want my honest view (and I apologise if I'm wrong) I think you tried to be cute. I think you parked on a clearway (no red lines) just before it ended and became a regular red route (with lines). Thus (absent any other issues) you commited the contravention.

That said, if the sign you indicated was placed after the lines started, you may just get them on inadequate/defective signing.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

If you want my honest view (and I apologise if I'm wrong) I think you tried to be cute. I think you parked on a clearway (no red lines) just before it ended and became a regular red route (with lines). Thus (absent any other issues) you commited the contravention.

That said, if the sign you indicated was placed after the lines started, you may just get them on inadequate/defective signing.

I think it was a red route clearway that only requires signs but often has road markings at junctions to alert drivers of the restriction. If we had the location I could locate the traffic order and find out the restriction but the OP seems rather reluctant to admit where it was.

Is it too late to appeal and have a chance to pay the reduced amount?

They say I have 14 days.

14 days - last day for payment at reduced rate (or appeal if they offered to extend) would have been Wednesday.

If you still want to pursue you need to co-operate and help yourself by giving full details and showing a copy of the PCN.

-