Court tomorrow

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5725 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I just wanted to say thankyou for all the great advice, especially Rory32 for his Scotland specific advice.

As I said in the title I am going to court tomorrow, I am nervous. If it wasn't for these forums I wouldn't have planned attending at all, I would have hidden. But I have learnt here that it is time to stand up and question things and that is exactly what I plan to do tomorrow.

I will let you know how I get on.

Chris

Best of luck Chris. Hope you do well. Is this just the initial hearing?

• Haha 1

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Best of luck Chris. Hope you do well. Is this just the initial hearing?

Thank-you Rory, yes it's the initial hearing. Out of the blue, I was given a summary cause warrant to attend court over an alledged debt from about 3 years ago. It's from a credit card, but the debt has been sold on. I am awaiting a CCA, because I need to find the original lender so that I can apply for itemised statements because I have never owed that much.

I am just really asking for more time to get specific details of the debt today. It's a good time to get it sorted out because I am currently unemployed, and have no assets.

Chris

Just an update to let you all know that court went fine. I think that the pursuer was hoping that I wouldn't attend. I just got the impression that they wanted me to admit to the debt even though I don't think it's mine. All the paperwork seemed poor and didn't give enough detail.

I am to wait a few months while they get together all the information that I have asked for. Then I presume that they will invite me back to court. However, that's only if they can produce all the information.

So I am off the hook at the moment. A huge thank-you to everyone on these boards.

Chris