Please help! Intended prosecution, Name wrong though

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5719 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have received a letter headed 'Notice of Intened Prosecution - Redlight Offence' to my address.

The name on the ticket is wrong. For example, if my name were James Smith, it is addressed to a 'James Smith Smithery'.

I don't even recall going through a red light.

How should I proceed?

Thanks

Wavsurgeon.

The name on the NIP is not really relevent. Under the slip rule they can change the name. So if your name is James Smith, they just have to change the name James Smith Smithery to James Smith. Obviously someone at the DVLA has typed it in wrong, but the police/ camera safety partnership have to use the info as supplied by the DVLA for the reg kpr. As far as a Sctn 172 statement is concerned - on the back of the NIP there will be a form for you to declare who the driver was at the time of the offence - that is the Sctn 172 statement.

Indeed the name can be corrected but it still needs to be clarified by the OP. And as he has just received the NIP he is a long way from the danger of falling foul of S172. But the NIP does have to be properly addressed to the registered keeper. I would write to them as I suggested earlier and point out that there is no-one of that name at your address and wait and see how they respond.