TFL Red Route PCN Wrong Location

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just received a PCN from TFL for being stopped on a red route. I had done it to reverse into a loading bay area. I have no doubt it was me but on the PCN all details are correct except it shows the location of offence as South Lambeth when, in fact, the location was actually Kings Cross. some eight or so miles from South Lambeth. If I pay it should I first tell them they put the wrong location on the PCN, or should I just pay it and hope I don't get another with Kings Cross as the location?

For info. I have not been to South Lambeth for over 20 years and that was by tube.

I think I have read that an issued PCN cannot be amended if it contained mistakes and therefore would be invalid (unlike private PPC invoices where they would simply issue a new invoice using the next available back of fag packet if necessary)

Therefore if you can prove you were in Kings Cross that would negate you being able to commit the offence in Lambeth.

I am sure one of our resident experts will clarify this shortly for you.

• Haha 1

Thanks for that, Crem.

The location on the pcn has to be correct for it to be enforceable.

They cannot reissue if it is incorrect.

Send this if it helps.

.......................................... (name and address of local authority)

.......................................... (Date)

PCN No: ...........................................

Date of Issue: .................................................

Vehicle Registration Number: ........................................

Dear Sir / Madam,

With regard to the above Penalty Charge Notice. Please note that the

Penalty Charge Notice contains incorrect details with regard to the location

of the alleged contravention.

My vehicle was not at the location, ......................................... (location on PCN)

as described on the Penalty Charge Notice therefore contravention did not occur.

Please confirm that the PCN will be cancelled.

I would be grateful if you could acknowledge receipt of this communication in accordance with your guidelines on responding to communications from members of the public.

Yours faithfully,

........................................ (your name print and sign

• Haha 1

They can take as many photos as they like but if they put the wrong location on the PCN then they are stuffed.

I assume Luke123456 meant that if Tfl have proof of location then the op shouldn't need to.

• 3 months later...

Well, I appealed to TFL who said they were satisfied the PCN had been issued correctly. So I appealled to the PTAS and this week they informed me that TFL were not going to persue the case. Good news and thanks again to everyone for your support.