Payment not taken from creditcard

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Looking for some advice on creditcard payments. Last October my wife purchased a sofa.She left a deposit for the sofa with her switch card and paided the balance on her credit card three days later when the company phoned to check on a delivery date. The company made it clear that delivery would not be made unless the balance was paid in full. The sofa was delivered and all was well until May this year when I got a call from the company stating that payment had not gone through. At the moment we cannot prove that the payment wasnt taken but we have taken it up with the credit card company but anyway I asked the company how it had taken them six months to discover that a payment had not been made and they stated that the streamline statement had came back and said that a payment had not gone through apparently this came to light after an audit or yearly statement from streamline.

If we havent payed for the goods then Iam more than happy to pay for them but I want to ensure that they havent taken the payment later in the month and would like to know where I stand with regards the period it has taken them to contact us and also how this hasnt came to light before.

They are threatening legal action within a week but we need ten days to get a copy statement from the credit card company at the cost of £5. We have been called three times by this company but have not received any letters.

Any adivce would be helpfull and I have already given my wife an earfull about keeping here credit card statements:)

seems a bit suspect the answer given by the furniture company.

i believe what happens when you pay by card the credit card company or bank (debit card) authorise the payment.

if the furnature company does not collect with in 2 weeks, the ammount put on hold gets credited back to the card, as though never taken.

its prob not even on your statement.

try and phone the cc company with the date of the transaction, they will confirm.

it seems there cock up so why should you pay for statements.

they just did not collect the autorised payment in time