Advice please H.S.B.C./ Equiniti/ Mastercard

blue17
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5699 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In the past 6 months or so , i have twice attempted to purchase shares

via the Equiniti (formerly LloydsTSB ) share dealing service.

On each occasion i have used my H.S.B.C maestro debit card.

The transaction is fine up to the point where i am prompted to press the o.k. button in pop up window which will direct me to the maestro card MasterCard secure code.

upon pressing this button the page does not load but reverts back to the previous page with an error message " card error" 1827

The first occasion this happened back in Feb 2008 i was repeatedly

bounced back & forth by both Equiniti & H.S.B.C.

This has eventually led to an official complaint to the financial ombudsman

against Equiniti , whom i blame for the problems i encountered.

They have been unable to provide me with any reason to believe that it is anything other than a technical problem at their site.

This case has yet to be decided upon by the F. O.

Today for the first occasion since Feb. i have again attempted to buy shares via the Equiniti share dealing service.

the problems that i encountered above were exactly the same as 6 months ago,nothing had altered whatsoever.

Yet again Equiniti refuse to that it is a problem with their site, & continue to blame the card provider,H.S.B.C.

They (H.S.B.C. )again continue to assure me that there are no problems with my card & that it is most likely a technical issue with the Equiniti web site.

I would like to know if anyone else has experienced similar problems

either in dealing with Equiniti or with their H.S.B.C maestro debit cards.

(all other transactions with my card, albeit for smaller amounts, always go through fine)

If there are any technical boffins out there to explain if these sort of problem ARE indeed down to the web site (Equiniti) or whether

MasterCard or card provider (H.S.B.C.) may in some way be responsible.

Many thanks

Hiya Blue and welcome to the HSBC forum :)

I sometimes have similar problems with my Visa Electron card. There doesn't seem any rhyme or reason why this happens or who it happens with, some transactions work like clockwork and some just stick no matter what you do.

The only thing I can suggest is ask HSBC about different types of card or if its really a problem to you change banks to one with a reliable card.

pete