I Need Some Help With Orange

Angi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5725 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm just wondering if someone cane help me out, I'm or should I say, I was with Orange, until June this year. I rang to give 30 days notice of cancellation as my contract was just about up, & I was offered a Pay as You Go Sim card, (which never arrived) which I said ok too. Now what happened next was beyond anyones control, A fire near where I live, damaged the Mast that I use for my phone, I was one of many who had no signal, I rang Orange & they did try to patch me with another mast, but it wouldn't work. So I opt for another server, Now whats happened I am still being billed for my Orange phone, I have rang theme mast & told them that due to the mast being damaged & now being removed, that I have had No signal since 16th June, my bill is just over £60.00, but I canceled my contract before the fire 10th June, so I just thought, I would only have one more bill, to pay, the final one, What Orange are now saying it wasn't their fault the fire happened, but it wasn't mine either. & I have to pay the bill, which I feel is a little unfair. Im not sure what to do about it, Ive just rang them & they are willing as a gesture of good will(where I heard that before) are going to credit my account with half of what is owed, but I feel I should ask for the full amount due to no service, what I need to know is can I do this, & could someone kindly give me a nice, but firm helping hand in drafting a letter to Orange...I am having to ring them from my land-line, which is costing me too. Any help would be very happily taken on board

Ta Muchly For Reading My Rant

Angi x

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

Angi, you've been a member for a while so I'm probably gonna sound really patronizing as this is info I think you will already know.

It's easier to pay up, demand instant closure of the account and take them to small claims for anything you've overpaid than to not pay and get a default and get that removed.

Also, SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers may save some money on calls. I hope OrangePrimate logs in and offers more advice as he is more knowledgeable on the subject as to what is right and wrong... I have a feeling though that the T&C do not guarantee coverage by Orange.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi Angie

looks like you have 2 issues here, one being the cancelation and the other the signal problems due to the mast being down.

1st of all, as Locutus has suggested, check out the alternate numbers for dialling in to cust services to help with your bill (or borrow another Orange mobile, Orange retail stores will also call on one of their phones for you to speak to CS, if you ask them to)

You need to sort out the cancellation bit asap. if you havent recieved the payg sim, until you recieve that and register it through the correct dept your contract will carry on and you will be liable for the monthly line rental. your best bet is if your number is not that important to you, ask them for immediate disconnection as you havent recieved the sim.

Also, as far as the losing service, Yes t&c's say coverage not guaranteed and that due to maintenance, faults ect masts will go down and normally line rental is not refunded unless we are going into the realms of being without coverage for more than a few days - if you have had no signal and no usage since 16th June and the information ref the mast being down backs that up, you can claim back line rental charged for the period you had no service. dont let CS fob you off with a goodwill offer of half! it is very important though that you are aware you will only be refunded line rental for the period the mast was down - if one week, then you will get one weeks money back, not the whole month.

the fact you requested cancellation on 10th June is not a reason for no bills to be paid as you are still liable for all calls/line rental for the 30 days of notice period (with a bill of £60 that does suggest some usage?)

word of advice is to sort out the disconnection request first, that will stop any more bills mounting up, then deal with the loss of service bill problem.

good luck!

Anything I post is my own opinion and views based on experience. My posts may not represent the views of my Employer, work collegues, or my Mum, i thought them up all by myself!

Hiya

Thanks for the replies

The £60.00 bills are contract bills, for 2 months, I should explain, I had to go away, due to a couple of personal probs, which Im still having to deal with, I rang Orange to cancel, 10th June this is the only call they have from me, this call was made from my mobile, this was to give 30 days notice to cancel, I have proof of all phone calls made to Orange, on my land-line bill, Only yesterday Orange disconnected my phone, The mast has been removed from the area, as with the damage from the fire, I was without signal from 16th June, & Im not the only one, But Orange called today, on my land-line, saying they will send me a letter in the post, with the new balance of £30.00. plus to say my phone has been disconnected as of yesterday, I asked if I would have any more to pay, the nice man, said No, only the total on the bill that was in the post.. So Im going to see what the bill says & take it from there

Many Thanks Again,

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks