style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5691 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

I have a major issue here and need some serious advice.

I brought a car in november at which point I was living in Roehampton,London.

I moved to Acton in late january and changed the logbook over to my new address in Acton.

Last month I was woken up at 6am by a bailiff who had clamped my car at my new address ( they hunted me down) and was demanding £500 or he will tow my car, he said it was for a conjestion charge penelty issued by TFL in middle of febuary THAT I DID NOT RECEIVE. I didnt have money to pay so he towed my car.

I filed a Statutory decleration and an out of time stat dec to northampton county court, they send to the stat dec to TFL and TFL rejected it and now its with the court to accept it or deny it.

I spoke to TFL and got it in writing from them that they sent the PCN to number 7 of my previous address where I was living at number 1. So they clearly sent the pcn to the wrong address and I have this in writing. so theres no way I could have received this PCN.

now the stat dec case is with the court but I just found out that the DKB bailiff has sold my car.

what the hell do I do. 1st they take my car without me even knowing about the ticket and now they sold my car while the stat dec is still getting processed.

TFL said that as I signed the stat dec after they car was towed that they are within their right to sell my car.

Im absolutely furious. Ive been without a car for about a month now and none of this is my fault.

I tried to speak to a few solicitors but no one deals with this kind of case and the ones that do want to charge £2000.

I NEED SOME SERIOUS ADVICE, please

thanks

This kind of thing makes my blood boil so you have my complete sympathy.

I suggest write to your MP. Set out the facts and keep it concise. My MP worked wonders with a lack of response issue I was having with the Financial Ombudsman.

Good luck and keep us posted here

This kind of thing makes my blood boil so you have my complete sympathy.

I suggest write to your MP. Set out the facts and keep it concise. My MP worked wonders with a lack of response issue I was having with the Financial Ombudsman.

Good luck and keep us posted here

Did they take the car on the first visit or did you have previous correspondence from the bailiffs???

If you have a n244 aplication until this is determined by a court all enforcement action should cease. Write the following letter to tfl and bailiffs :

your address

august 2008

their address

Dear tfl

Re refused out of time PCN number

I refer you to part 75 of the civil procedure rules. Which state’s in relation to out of time stat decs which clearly states that “all enforcement action must cease until such time as the application has been determined by the courts” accordingly whilst I have a n244 application in progress the matter is still to be determined. I understands that if you pass this onto bailiffs then I can have you harassment, invading my privacy and so on. Also this would breach various human rights as you may well be aware of. I await your reply.

Mr.XXXXXXX

I am only letting this letter out as it is for your situation.

So whats cooking today ?