Old LLoyds O/D debt - been thru various DCA's - now robbersway have lost payments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4743 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Try it and see! If they come back to you demanding sort code account numbers etc, then you will know exactly what it is they are after.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so update on this, I sent a statement blanking out my details with just the payments and references numbers along with a letter telling them what I had done. I heard nothing for months and then today wham a letter from Moorcroft debt recovery limited demanding the full amount. I am guessing I am never going to see the £40 I paid off the debt that I have been asking RW for then. I mean how do I go about getting that back even?

Here's the letter: http://i55.tinypic.com/2mfacs1.jpg

And then I only got it today and they want it to be sorted by the 14th April, how on earth have I got chance to even think about it and reply? And what is an intended litigation anyways? It all sounds kind of official! Are they trying to scaremonger me again and how on earth do I respond to this?

Any help would be much appreciated as I am feeling rather stressed and angry!

Thanks!

This is easy, as robbersway have passed this onto another clown outfit, you can tell moorcr@p that as robbersway have failed to satisfy the whereabouts of £40 you paid to them, that this account is disputed as the figures are inaccurate, tell them to send you their complaints procedure by return of post, and that any future letters they intend on sending regarding this alleged account, will be ignored, their attempts to intimidate and threaten you will all be forwarded onto the OFT&TS for their investigation.

The account should be passed back to robbersway as there will be NO payment forthcoming until the matter of the missing £40 is dealt with satisfactorily.

Make a complaint about robberwsay to the OFT&TS & the FOS.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/81/81-debt-collecting.htm

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Did you give RW the sort code, account number & reference that you were using (THEIR sort code & account numbers)

With those details & the dates & amounts paid, RW should have been able to find the payments.

I don't believe that RW would be able to see the sender's bank details on their statements so I don't understand why they were asking you for them! (I do really)

You shouldn't write this money off. Persue RW for it! Consider hiring a DCA to collect the money if nothing else.

If you consder the facts

RW demand payments

You make the payments

RW don't pass the money on

If you have provided the information above then maybe it's time to ask the police if they can help

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I have given them all the details and have asked RW over and over again for the money and surprise surprise I get no sense out of them which is very frustrating! I even phoned my bank to try and get the money back and they said they can do nothing since the money is with RW now. Should I pursue RW as well as trying to deal with other DCAs who are trying to chase me for this debt or both?

I came back home today to find this missive waiting for me: http://i53.tinypic.com/9a36s1.jpg

It's from Midas credit services (who I have never heard of) so yes Bazooka Boo you are right they have completely ignored my correspondence and are just writing as if I have ignored their pointless letters (well I might as well have done!)

So what on earth do I write now? And are they really going to try and take me to court for £1850 when I am disputing it or are these all empty threats?

Thanks.

Sorry, the image doesn't seem to be there so I have uploaded it again here: http://i54.tinypic.com/afa9fl.jpg

They say that I have to be in contact them by tomorrow, are they forcing my hand in trying to get them to phone them given this is unrelistic by post in over the bank holiday weekend?

And why do Midas have to get in touch (whoever they are) when they say I have to get in touch with Moorcraft, all seems more bullying tactics to scare me.

Midas ARE Moorcr@p, look at the bottom of their pathetic letters and it should say so?

That letter is just as pathetic as their answer machine message telling you that they are closed and will be open from 7.15am tomorrow! How sad......

So you cannot possibly call them by the 25th that demand is laughable at the least, and excellent ammo as to their puerile attitude.

If you feel you need to write back, then send them a copy of all the dates you are available to attend court, and which court you will gladly attend in your area, if they won't put up, then they should shut up as they are only digging themselves deeper and deeper into the mire they are firmly in.

pers i'd ignore all the pleading letters

get your £40 back and stuff 'em

now there is no history here about the debt.

is there a previou sthread or can you outline here please

also if you are going to post images use this method:

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or ir you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

it might be better for you to redo them all to one msg here.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i have today merged 15 threads all on the same debt going back to 2008

where the same thing has been advised over and over again with no resolution for the OP.

if one looks at the start of the thread, you had an offer of a 'discount'

this indicates one of 2 things:

either the debt is all unlawful charges/interest [ so they'll go no-where near a court for fear of a counter claim]

or

they know its unenforceable [ so will go nowhere near a court]

pers

i would stop all payments now and forget about anymore letters on this debt you ever receive.

you could continue with the process of finding where this £40 has gone...but i'll tell you.. directly to their pocket as they are fleecing you.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

refrain from starting another thread on anything to do with this debt ...post it on THIS thread.

dx

siteteam

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

15 threads!

A 3 year old debt!

Well as DX has already said, they have nothing, if they did, then they would have carried out their idle threats in the first 12 months of having this account, as they haven't either ignore them, or continue playing the game of letter tennis with them, only come back here for advice if they issue you with a court summons.

I was just about to send a letter to the Horwich people and I get a letter which got stuck in a redirection loop and they finally acknowledge a CCA request, 11 days after they sent that threatening letter that made me start the thread. So now I waiting while they take 'the creditor's instructions.'

I also got a letter from Robinson way saying;

'Special invititation only**Substantial reduction**

Our client has today authorised us to offer you a substantial reduction to help you clear this debt. Call us today repeatedly written. It has the feel of an awful catalogue letter-what are they playing at???

I also sent a telephone harrassment letter to lloyds (thanks bigegg for posting that) I have not had a phone call since so I am guessing they got that.

I am expecting that is not the last I will hear from those timewasting idiots!!

from post 14 in Aug 2008

dx

and they