Is This A Big Con?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5721 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just received this email and normally as a sensible woman i would just delete it but i thought would check first..........Load of old rubbish or are the drinks on me lol.......

INTERNATIONAL GRANTS/PRIZE AWARD DEPT

REF:YAHOO7/315116127/27

BATCH:15/623/UK.

We are pleased to inform you of the result of the Yahoo! Financial year

promotions held on the 01/07/2008.Your e-mail address attached to ticket

number ********** with serial number *********, batch number

**********,lottery ref number ********** and drew lucky numbers

14-22-28-37-40-44 which consequently won you the cash prize in the 1st

category, you have therefore been approved for a lump sum pay out of

�1,000,000.00 (i.e One Million United Kingdom Pounds).Please note

that this Promotional Programmes tagged "Thanks for contributing to our

financial Sucess" was sponsored and organized by the Yahoo! Microsoft

Corporation in view of the Financial benefits YAHOO! have received from

its numerous customers either through adverts, hosting and personal

emails. The reason this lottery was organized is to thank the numerous

public including users and non-users of YAHOO! MAIL for the financial

benefits THE YAHOO! MICROSOFT CORPORATION have received as a result of

their P atronage this Year.This Lottery is approved and licensed by the

International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR). This lottery is the

first of its kind organised by YAHOO! MICROSOFT In view of this, your One

Million United Kingdom Pounds (�1,000,000.00) would be released to

you by the claims office here in UK. To file for your claims, please

contact our claims director Mr.Robert Clarke who is incharge of the claims

office in UK. Contact him for the claims of your One Million United

Kingdom Pounds.You are to contact the claims officer with his office email

address and telephone number provided in the below details:

Mr.Robert Clarke

REMMITANCE DIRECTOR

YAHOO PROMOTIONS UK

44 Moorfields London EC2Y 9AL UNITED KINGDOM

Email:[email protected]

For processing and remmitance of your winnings, you are required to

contact our designated claims officer with the following underlisted

informations:

APPLICATION FOR PRIZE CLAIM

(Receipt Official Notification Letter)

FULL NAMES*

CONTACT ADDRESS*

COUNTRY*

SEX*

AGE*

MARITAL STATUS*

OCCUPATION*

NATIONALITY*

TELEPHONE NUMBER*

EMAIL ADDRESS*

HAVE YOU A PASSPORT OR LICENCE (identification on delivery)*

TICKET NUMBER*

SERIAL NUMBER*

BATCH NUMBER*

REFERENCE NUMBE R*

Once again on behalf of al l our staff, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Yours Sincerely,

Mrs. Amelia Hunts

Online Promotions Manager

Uk Administrative Unit.

[problem] of the first order.....

Sample Promotion Prize [problem] Email:

YAHOO! International Promotions Program

"Mrs.Amelia Hunts", "Kennedy Spencer"

This is a very simple [problem]. They claim you won a Yahoo promotion, which is giving away millions of dollars based on a randomly selected email address. The [problem] is obvious: it's simply preposterous to think that any company, let alone Yahoo, would randomly give away money. Promotions are specific and tied to their products or services. In this [problem], you can't even figure out what that product would be!

There are many signs that this is a fraud, not the least of which are:

• Email address ballot: There is no such thing as a "computer ballot system" or "computer email draw". No one, not even Microsoft has a database of email addresses of the type or magnitude they suggest.

• Using free email account: The [EDIT] is writing to you from a FREE email account. Don't you think a real organization would use its own email, its own domain and website?

• What are they promoting? No one promotes "world peace" or "use of the internet" by handing out millions to random strangers. That's just stupid to believe. And if they are promoting a product, then this must be the world's worst promotion, because no one has heard of it, outside of the email you just received. In this case, they don't even say what they are promoting... which means they aren't promoting anything!

And a legitimate lottery certainly would not use free hotmail, yahoo, elitist, or aim email accounts.

Notice the gibberish writing, excessive/incorrect use of CAPITAL letters, lack of decent punctuation and other clues to an obvious fraud that we have highlighted in the letter; keep confidential, selected by a random computer lottery of email addresses, use of free email accounts rather than a domain and website that matches the lottery name, etc.

It is a typical [problem] sweepstakes winning notification.

See here........

Sample Promotion Winning [problem] Email: YAHOO! International Promotions Program

If you Google it you will find many more reports of this [problem].

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

"The Yahoo! Microsoft Corporation"

Thought Yahoo! turned MS down

As rooster says con! Feel free to mark as spam and let your spam filter take care of it in future!

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

You are all invited for drinks on me.

I have been totting up my winnings this morning and I can tell you all, I am very rich.

Not only have I also won the same as the op, I have also won:

UK INTERNATIONAL DRAW HEADQUATERS

NATIONAL LOTTERY TOWER

LIVERPOOL, L70 1NL

UNITED KINGDOM

Ref No: UK/9420X2/68

Batch No: 074/05/ZY369

********WINNING NOTIFICATION********

We happily announce to you the draw (#1198) of the UK INTERNATIONAL EMAIL DRAW; online International program held 1st August 2008.Your e-mail address with Serial number 5368/06 drew the lucky numbers: 17/33-45. Your email won you 1,500,000.00 Great British Pounds.

and

WINNING DATE 19 AUGUST 2008

Ticket Number:8603775966738

with Serial Number 5368/02

Drew the Winning Number :17,25,18,21,37,42,95 (bonus no.97)

You have therefore been approved to claim total sum of £1,628,360.00 ( One Million Six Hundred And Twenty Eight Thousand Three Hundred And Sixty Million Great Britain Pound)

and

ATTENTION TO THE OWNER OF THIS EMAIL ADDRESS

I am writing in respect to your lottery winning prize of TWO MILLION, FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND GBP (£2,500,000.00) which you won through the email ballot draws in the U.K. National Lottery Promotional Award in March 2008 in the Second (2nd) Category of our prize winners.

and

I have been waiting for you since to come down here and pick your Cashier's Cheque which was given to me by my Boss, Alhaji Dangote to keep till you contacted me. This Cashier's Cheque worth US$1.5M but I did not heard from you since that time , then I went and deposited the Cashier's Cheque with DIPCSCO Courrier company here in Benin Republic , because I travelling to Iraq to see my Boss and will not come back till Three months time. You have to contact the DIPCSCO Courier company to know when they will deliver your package .I have paid for the delivering charges and insurance fee.

and

Yahoo/Msn Lottery

corporation

Baley House, Har Road

Sutton, Greater London SM1 4te

United Kingdom.

This is to inform you that you have won a prize money of Five hundred thousand, Great Britain Pound Sterlings(£500,000.00) for this month

2008 Lottery promotion which is organized by YAHOO/MSN LOTTERY INC & WINDOWS LIVE.

I won't post any more as I would hate it if you envied me.

Why do they always make the amounts so ridiculous, if it was a couple of thousand then surely they would get more responses.

Neh! I've just look in my email junk box and have won a total of (in the past week alone)....wait for it.....

£281,665,944 in cash

£143,000 in vouchers and about the same in goods waiting to be sent to me.

Ooh - and I can apply for loans that would dwarf the national debt of Bolivia!

Neh! I've just look in my email junk box and have won a total of (in the past week alone)....wait for it.....

£281,665,944 in cash

£143,000 in vouchers and about the same in goods waiting to be sent to me.

Ooh - and I can apply for loans that would dwarf the national debt of Bolivia!

I also had some Russian girls who are in love with me and want me to email them back (even though they haven't seen me), my mrs won't let me, she says they might be real.

myphoto.jpg

I withdraw my invitation - the drinks are on gyzmo.

Edited by Conniff

yep, I get all this plus many many offers to extend my penis :D errrrr helllooooooo I havn't got a penis, let alone one that needs extending !!

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Yes, it is a con. The simple rule is

"If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

British Shoe Corporation - won :) BT - won :) West Lancs Council - lost :-x 02 - won :) British Airways - still fighting :o STOP PRESS - RSPCA - daughter won with letters I wrote :)

if you really want tohave fun with this is kind of [problem] then have a look of this webiste and their forusm . they have a lot of information about this kind of [problem]

Welcome to the 419 Eater

Only do this if you are very good at this sort of thing. It is easy to get caught out as these people are very smart - just don't know how to spell. You'd be surprised how many people do fall for these things.

[Oh, and as of today I've been told I've won over £795m (including converting dollars & euros into pounds) as well as a lot of other things and some cute girls who apparently want me - can't see why though, they must be too dumb then so I don't want them!;)]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

yes i agree with you legal pickle very easy to fall under "their spell".

i have been doiung [problem] baiting for a while and it is really good fun if you know how to do it properly and obviously..

if u want to do that i suggest open a new e-mail account with a fake name , fake address, fake bank account ., fake everything .... .

i even have my own business " the massage in the sack " and it is doing well on the stock exchange of course for a very small fee you could be benefit from my own business secret!