Lowell Portfolio 1 Problems

Keith W

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I have received a letter from Lowell Portfolio 1 for a supposed debt to T-Mobile for £343.31.

I do not owe this debt and have never been a T-Mobile customer, I have always been a pay-as-you-go person with Vodaphone ever since I had my first mobile phone.

I have had a number of different debt collection agencies write to me in recent months for debts I know nothing about and do not owe.

For reference:

Scot Call Problems - The Consumer Forums

Cap Quest Problems - The Consumer Forums

I am not sure what is going on here, do these debt collection agencies share information with each other? I ask because it seems no sooner have I seen off one I get a letter from another about some fictitious debt they say I owe

I have attached the letter I received today as a pdf file.

I take it I follow the same procedure as the others and send a "prove it" letter?

Also who would I send it to, Lowell Portfolio or to Red Debt Collection Services?

lp1 13-8-08.pdf

Hi, Keith.

Send it to whoever is chasing you now.

Don't know if you've seen this.............

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed/70464-mobile-phone-companies-consumer.html

Just in case you were going to CCA them ;)

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

HI Scott,

Thanks for sharing the link.

I am not sure what it means though, can I not send them a prove it letter? Or is there a different letter I can send them.

I am still not to sure on who to send my letter to either, the letter I received today came from Lowell Portfolio but they say in there letter that all correspondence should be sent to Red Debt Collection Services.

Please advise on what my next step should be.

May thanks, Keith

Hi, Keith.

Send the 'prove it' letter to Red.

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no:

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

**Edit to suit**

Remember, don’t sign the letter, send it recorded or special.

Regards.

Scott.

You too? My wife got one of those too yesterday. She is disabled and suffering from a painful kidney infection. Red Debt Collection Services (under the auspices of Lowell Portfolio I Ltd) sent her the letter, which demanded an amount close to £200.

We immediately smelled a rat. Although my wife had a contract with one2one (who were later taken over by T-Mobile), this was around 7 years ago and she definitely settled it in full before April 2002. She heard nothing from T-Mobile about any debt until Lowell's letter yesterday. But receiving that letter caused her a major shock and significant mental distress - especially as the letter threatened visits from a "licensed field agent" and legal action in the County Court.

So we suspect that this is either a case of mistaken identity, or a debt which T-Mobile could not be bothered to contact her about.

Anyway, we've sent them a Statute Barred letter and also told them that we've written to BBC Watchdog and threatened them with OFT action to boot!

I sent the prove it letter off today to Lowell's

Things have got a bit strange though as I received another letter today from Lowell's that was posted on the same date.

It was basically a letter saying they had obtained an address from experian and that experian had said I had lived at that address and they wanted me to validate this information.

Needless to say I have never lived at this address

I have attached the letter I received as a PDF to this post.

Having received this letter how do I proceed now?

lp1-2 13-8-08.pdf

Edited by Keith W

Hi, Keith.

You should remove your name from the letter ;)

I'd just ignore them and see what they send you next.

Regards.

Scott.

Hi, Keith.

You should remove your name from the letter ;)

Regards.

Scott.

Opppss missed that, thanks for the heads up

Have now changed the PDF

So I should just wait and see what happens then?

I would Keith, someone else may advise differently.

Regards.

Scott.

Hi, Keith.

I've moved Kop25 and co to a new thread ;)

Regards.

Scott.

Well Lowell's got my prove it letter, sent it recorded delivery

I got a letter from Red Debt Collections in reply to my prove it letter today, please see attached PDF

So What do I do now? Do I do nothing and just see what happens?

Red will be hard pressed to get any information from T-Mobile on me as I have never been a customer of T-Mobile.

Maybe I should start charging these idiots for wasting my time and the letters I have had to write to them

Red DCS 22-8-08.pdf

OK I am getting really annoyed with these people now.

I received two more letters, one for Red and one from Lowell, I have attached them as PDF files to this post.

The one from Red basically said they have written to T-Mobile for further information to demonstrate my responsibility for the debt and that in the meantime all collections activity will be placed on hold.

The letter from Lowell's basically said they were sold the debt by T-Mobile on 15/09/2006 and that they had assigned Red as the authorised collection agents and that they wanted to work with me to either agree a settlement or repayment plan.

As I have said previously I have never had a contract with T-Mobile so I can not possibly owe them any money.

Could someone please have a read of the attached letters and advise on where I go from here.

Many thanks.

2-Red DCS 29-8-08.pdf

lp1-3 28-8-08.pdf

hi keith

i would sar Lowell start with and see what data they hold on you.

from what appears to have gone on with dca and cra, either one of 2 things have gone on:

1) you have had mail stolen and someone has cloned your idenity and used it to run up debts in your name

2) that one of the cra has mixed up records of you another person ( it does happen) and they are pursuing you for their debts.

have you had a check out of experian and the other credit reference agencies and seen what details they hold for you to see if they are correct ?

Is there another letter I can send them that says they must stop contacting me via letter unless it is the information I requested showing that I owe T-Mobile money, which will never happen as I have never had a contract with T-Mobile

I just want to send them a letter that spells out in no uncertain terms that they are to stop contacting me or else.

Sorry but I disagree, everything should be done in writing so there is no ambiguity as to what was or was not said.

Also am I allowed to charge them for my time, the letters I write and the postage costs?

If I am are there any guidelines as to how much I can reasonably charge them?

These people are really starting to pee me off now.

Sorry but I disagree, everything should be done in writing so there is no ambiguity as to what was or was not said.

Also am I allowed to charge them for my time, the letters I write and the postage costs?

If I am are there any guidelines as to how much I can reasonably charge them?

These people are really starting to pee me off now.

I am merely giving you advice on what has worked for me in the past - telling them to go away on the phone works better than any letter ever would in my view :rolleyes:

I am merely giving you advice on what has worked for me in the past - telling them to go away on the phone works better than any letter ever would in my view :rolleyes:

I am really pleased that it appears to have worked for you in the past however I think your advise is ill advised at best.

It is something that is reiterated over and over again on this forum, do not call them and make sure all communications are in writing.

I am really pleased that it appears to have worked for you in the past however I think your advise is ill advised at best.

It is something that is reiterated over and over again on this forum, do not call them and make sure all communications are in writing.

Ill advised?

Ok well you go ahead & send your letter off, they'll take one look at it - have a good giggle over it round the office & carry on with their harrassment of you.

Once you start telling them straight over the phone what rights you have & what rights they dont have is when they really leave you alone.

Still - what do i know....i wish you well, you wont get anymore assistance from me :rolleyes:

I certainly wouldnt waste £10 sending an SAR to Lowell. That would probaly mean they have made £ 9.99 profit on this alleged debt. You have sent them the prove it letter so its up to them to prove

1. That a debt actually exists

2. That you are the debtor in question

3. They have a legal right to collect on it.

Mr Tons advise when dealing with Lowell is not too far off the mark. I successfully ignored them for nearly fou years before I got bored with the cycle of empty threats and sent them the Stat Barred letter. The soon folded. They previously had threatened Court Cases, Bankruptcy, visits from their invisible Licensed Field Agents and all sorts of doom and gloom. Their threats were like their heads. EMPTY.

Do not be so quick to dismiss Mr Tons advice. Its worked for him.

Ok Have just received yet another letter off of Red saying they have been appointed duly authorised collect agent, pay up or else...etc. ect.

This letter comes after I sent the prove it letter to which they replied with the letter attached in post 15 of this thread which said they would stop all collection activity whilst they investigate.

Well it is obvious by today's letter from Red that they are not sticking to what they said and are not stopping all collection activity.

Is there another letter I can send then to tell then to knock it off or else?