style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Been trying to get on the amazon website for months now and for some reason the page can never be displayed.

Is it just me or what?

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi GM.

It must be you...... I can get on OK.

Amazon.co.uk: low prices in Electronics, Books, Music, DVDs & more

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Is it just me or what?

It's ok with me :) Have a look for a new computer when you eventually get on :p

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

This is a new comp.

This was taken straight of the link which rooster posted.

info_48.png Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:

• You are not connected to the Internet.
  • The website is encountering problems.
  • There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:

bullet.pngDiagnose Connection Problems

down.png More information

I have not changed my internet security or anything for over a year. Was able to order christmas prezzies last year and was even able to use it about march/april of this year on the old comp.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

everytime i type in the addy it just sends me to a google page then when i click the link it give me thee above.

Dont see what the problem is.

Try again.

When it comes up with that report, try refreshing the page.

If that brings the correct page up then the problem is almost certainly a pop-up blocker.....Look in tools in toolbar.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

No refreshed the page several times now and still say NO

Check your firewall settings.

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

how?

Click start.

Control panel.

Look for an icon named security or firwall, etc.

Double click that and check what it's set at.

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

says it is on. FFS to nice one of Bos sayings.

Try turning the firewall off and then try to access the site.

If you can access it then, it proves that it's the firewall that's stopping it.

If that's the case then after you've turned it back on, look for an option to allow certain sites and put the URL of the Amazon site in.

If you still can't access the site then turn the firewall back on for security.

Out of ideas. Will go away and think!

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

tried everything and even had someone in to look at comp and he cant find out why. Thinks it might be a problem there end but dont understand how some ppl can get it and i cant

I got on the Amazon in 1996.

I got off again, 3 months and 4,000 miles later. :p

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

lol tonycee

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Hi dave.

Thanks for that but i have found the problem. It is amazon. this is what comes up in the address bar 72.21.206.5 looks like the ip addy to me.

Now it is just sending me to the american site and the link on the site for the english does not work

If I type 72.21.206.5 into my address bar it connects me to amazon.com, so you are correct that it's the american site. The IP address of amazon.co.uk is 87.238.81.129 Check that the IP is not blocked by a firewall. (You could try that typing that into your address bar, or click here Amazon.co.uk: low prices in Electronics, Books, Music, DVDs & more ... ya never know your luck, but I feel that this IP is blocked by your system)

If you are desperate to get on amazon, you could go to a proxy website (just google proxy)

Edited by locutus
  • Haha 1

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

loctus you are a star. I am so repping u for that.

IT IS WORKING NOW. Good knows what happened but the link works.

TY TY TY TY TY TY.

Happy shopping

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

kinda its working to a point.

According to the site which has just crashed they dont have any products when u click to look at them/buy them.

Hmm.. wierd problem! Few questions for ya (see if we can get it sorted!)

What antivirus do you have?

What browser you using? (If internet explorer what version? You can find this out by clicking Help then About Internet Explorer)

Do you have any firewall programs running?

to

C.A.G. Toolbar