• Tweets

• Not prosecuting in the public interest seems to be bandied about on forums frequented by students. I don't think I've ever seen a prosecution not go ahead because of that. You would have to define why it isn't in the public interest to prosecute someone who isn't paying their way and is costing other travellers more. I can't think of a reason. HB
    • we have known for a very very long time that 9/10 the OC never knows IRRWW are chasing debtors nor  in some cases even taking money from them that the OC never ever see!! IDRWW pockets it -  free money - lets all go on a staff holiday. there was an article some years back whereby that quoted some +£4M debtors had paid to IDRWW on UAE debts that when contacted the originating banks knew nothing about....😎  
    • let the ombudsman do their job. you'll win handsdown you dont obv owe OVO p'haps anything at all.  dont worry about Past Due credit or any other DCA ( THEY ARE NOT BAILIFFS!) as for you being added to the debt, thats quite OK, you were a resident adult and equally liable under law. once you start getting things moving via the  ombudsman dont forget to get your credit files cleansed of any negative data & seek compensation for distress etc, again the  ombudsman should sort both out for you. as you are now NOT a customer of OVO, there is very very little they can do to you now.  
    • A question - did you use the supermarket or the restaurant? I see the restrictions are different. Sign.pdf
    • DN is ok DCA NOA is ok, though not one from Newday saying they've sold it. agreement states esigned on a sunday at 11am?? really??  but no typed names or tick box nor any IP address used. if the date is correct then poss ok, it that your correct address for that time of take out? but if not, then that could simply be a copy of someone elses they've used with you details copy'n'pasted over theirs. the agreement details separate T&C's in at least 8.4. a full set of T&C containing your correct address for the time MUST be included. failure renders the agreement unenforceable... have you the T&C's too? dx
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Next/Littlewoods Defaults

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm at my wits end with both Next and Littlewoods trying to get defaults removed. Neither issued me with a default notice and Next placed it on my file after one late payment, I've tried everything, I've offered them what I think I owe them (I asked Next to give me evidence of what they say I'd received - they couldn't so I'm disputing it) but still no luck. I've written to all 3 CRA's and again no luck, they just say it's all fine. My Next debt is now with Cabot DCA and they inform me that Next's legal dept have told them they've issued me with everything, I've written back and said no they haven't. I'm quite prepared to go to court over this as I believe they were completely unfair and placed on my file when both accounts were in dispute but I desperately need to get them removed as I can get zero credit

Does anyone have any advice or any experience of actually taking them to court to remove a default? I wouldn't be sure where to start!

I've seen that some people have been successful with S10/12 notices but can someone explain what these are and how I go about serving them?

Thanks

Pinky :p

• 2 months later...

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 1 month later...

Well, having a clear out today and came across some post I hadn't opened from last week (should be more organised!) and it was a letter from Cabot saying that Next were unable to provide them with any documentation so they were prepared to accept £250 as full and final offer (I owed them £850), obviously I'm happy about this but I really need to get the default removed, do I phone them and ask them to do this and confirm in writing and then I'll pay or pay now and fight the default, I only have 30 days to pay.....

• 2 months later...

Hi Pinkerton Angel,

Any update on this?

Have they agreed to the default removal upon receiving the settlement sum?

Please advise - I am having similar issues with Next.

They defaulted me, even tho' they wrote to say they don't have a signed CCA

FREDDIE

Hi Freddie,

I've written many letters since then (all documented in detail on the MSE forum) but basically they said they couldn't remove the default but would give me 2 options - 1) pay an agreed amount and they would mark it as satisfied (but the default would remain) or 2) not pay and they wouldn't chase me and mark it as unrecoverable (again the default would remain) so I wrote to them again saying the default was placed incorrectly and the account was in dispute and that I wouldn't be paying and would take it through the courts to get it removed. That was weeks ago and I'd pretty much given up with it but then just this minute I get a notification from my credit report telling me a credit agreement has been removed and lo and behold, on checking my credit file Next is no longer on there - I did have 2 defaults on there for the same debt (one from Next and one from Cabot the DCA) both now gone!!! I can't quite believe it and am expecting them to reappear any minute!! :razz:

Don't give up Freddie, let us know how you get on

Pinky x

Hi Pinky,

Good news for you!

Just out of interest who removed the default?

I have been trying for over 12 months. Next have written confirming that they don't have a signed CCA, and I have wrote and told them that this means I haven't given consent for them to record info about me! They aren't budging. Numerous letters to the CRA's pointing out this, hasn't resulted in anything. Even the default is not a properly valid default, but it appears that no-one wants to know.

I wrote to the I.O.C in Spet '08 but it will be another 3/4 months beofre they get back to me, even the F.S.O who have a backlog of around 6 months!!!

Will let you know the outcome of trying to get this Next default removed.

FREDDIE

I must admit I was in the same place as you with this, I tried everything, I had the letter from Next stating they couldn't provide a CCA and I sent copies and copies of things to Cabot (the DCA), have you tried to offer them a figure for full and final settlement? I did this on the proviso that they removed the default, they agreed to the amount but wouldn't remove the default. I kept writing to Cabot telling them I disputed the debt and the default and had a few phone conversations with them, they checked with their legal team and still came back saying they couldn't remove it. A few weeks ago I wrote them a last chance opportunity letter saying I would pay the F&F amount if they removed the default, failing that I would commence legal action. I've not heard from them but then I got the email alert today from Equifax saying 2 defaults had been removed from Kings Hill Ltd which is part of Cabot I believe. I've had no correspondence from anyone regarding this yet which is why I still won't believe it just yet!! But needless to say I'm a happy bunny tonight :razz:

Just don't give up that's all I can say. They know they're in the wrong after all.

Good luck with yours, will be interested to see what happens.