Given a ticket parked outside my home!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5679 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A ticket attendant ticketed a car which was parked on corner of the road making it difficult for other cars trying to turn into road. But then decided to continue to give my wife’s car a ticket along with mine. When I confronted him wanting to know why we received tickets his first response was “some one telephoned to report car parked on corner”. I said fine but my car wasn’t near the corner so why was I getting a ticket? He says because my wheels were on pavement, which they were by a foot or so. I pointed out to him 80% of all my neighbours cars were on pavement but no one else had tickets, he said they would get one but of course they didn’t as he would have been lynched!

I live on a one Way Street with NO yellow lines or signs about parking the street also are narrow and I’ve had rubbish trucks clip the side of my car before. I’ve lived here for 30 years and have never got a ticket for parking on pavement or any other reason. In the past year half a dozen cars have been given tickets for parking on corner but never has attendant given someone a ticket for parking on pavement.

According to council rules cars should not park on pavement but as far as I can tell tickets are given to keep traffic flowing. My car wasn’t dangerous parked either and their was plenty of space on pavement to get a bus through!

I want to appeal this ticket but don’t want the reason on letter being “it’s not fair”, please can I get suggestions on what to say and if I have any chance of winning?

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

Haha classic LA lack of common sense, they'd rather the street be blocked with cars than 1/2ft of the pavements at the sides (despite the pavements been easily wide enough. I also heard its illegal in London to park in front of a drop down kurb. So if you have a drive and more than one car instead of parking one car in the drive and one across the front you have to take an extra space parking car 2 somewhere else, deeming having a driveway pointless as your not taking any cars off the street. Or am i wrong, can you get fined for parking in front of your own driveway?

cheers

For OP. i can't see you have much of a case on the circumstances. Some chance the PCN may be flawed but i think Newham ones are ok at the moment. Show it anyway. Their latest effort at CCTV PCNs is none too clever so they may have changed the standard ones too and ballsed it up.

-

For 'mwa'. No, you shouldn't get fined for parking in front of your own drive. It's actually a tow-away offence in most parts of London and is definitely policy in Newham. They can't tow though unless they actually receive a complaint from the owner of the drive. That also applies to the PCN AFAIK. in both instances though - they often still do.

-

Ok so it would be un likey to be fined/towed away for parking in front of your own drive however if a nosey neighbor complained for no obvious reason (if you parked in front of your own drive)...but they would be shooting themselves in the foot as you would then take one more space up on the street you both lived on.

Ok so it would be un likey to be fined/towed away for parking in front of your own drive however if a nosey neighbor complained for no obvious reason (if you parked in front of your own drive)...but they would be shooting themselves in the foot as you would then take one more space up on the street you both lived on.

i believe the complaint has to come from the resident at the driveway. That said, i have heard of a case where just such a nosey neighbour complained about someone else's drive being blocked - and it was a visitor to that house! PCN issued.

Fairly easy to pull Councils up on this though because they should be making checks. Surely can't justify their actions if they don't check who is calling.

On that note, i once had my vehicle removed and held for three weeks of arguing. Just such a nosey neighbour had told the Council it was one of many that were left by nearby car workshops and was untaxed. Neither was true of course. Don't get me started on that debacle. I must have a quiet word with that neighbour one day! Ahem.

-

Anyway, this has gone off topic and we need to get back to the OP's case.

-