Parking Charge Notice From Parking Eye

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4534 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, new to the forum no doubt like many others when they do a google search for advice on parking tickets!

I've today received a parking charge notice from Parking Eye, requesting payment of £80 or £50 if paid in next 14 days.

They have sent the notice to me as the registered keeper, and I was driving, although obviously the letter doesn't offer any proof of this but photographic evidence may!

The charge is for parking in B&Q Crewe before hoping on the train to Manchester, so was over the 3 hour limit by 4 hours (09:50 til 16:59).

I accept that it was me driving, I'd also accept that I was parked there that long, but its not a busy car park on a weekend (it was Saturday) and I'm reluctant to pay such a large charge for very little.

What would you suggest I do, I don't really want to keep receiving letters from them, nor from any solicitors, and certainly don't want a black mark against my name/credit, or someone turning up at the door.

If I ignore will they really go away, or just increase the charge and eventually take it to court.

I have no financial problems, I could pay it to avoid hassle, but thats not really the point is it? I just can't spend much time on this, as I'm busy enough already!

Please help.

Have had three letters myself up too now, and if you check the small print at the foot of the letters they are all sent from the same address. Just ignore them F--- Em

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many times must it be said - Ignore everything unless you enjoy trying to wind them up.

They will do nothing other then send a lot of silly letters purporting to come from debt collectors and solicitors which in reality are just pieces of paper riddled with mistakes

Even when asked to proceed to the court stage will all haste they refuse and just send more fodder for the recycle bin

I have a drawer full of PPC 'important legal documents' none of which would stand up in court

IGNORE

IGNORE and if uncertain you are doing the right thing then try

IGNORE

Hi everyone, just joined the CAG after reading up on all these responses to demands from 'ParkingEye'.

I received one a few weeks back in Scotland, and as far as I can tell, I'm going to be ignoring these for as long as they persist!

EDIT: Docs removed, thanks for the confirmation.

I'd be grateful if some of you could confirm this is the usual paper chain!

Cheers

Edited by Northstar2010
Docs removed

Yes the usual rubbish with the usual crazy threat that the, Owner/Keeper/Driver is responsible, only one person is responsible and that is the driver. THEY have to find out who the driver was, you are under no obligation to tell them. That is only the first hurdle they have to get across many more after that, so yes, ignore them.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 11 months later...

Hey, I just received one of those bogus PCN charges from ParkingEye also. I already have a letter I wrote ready to send to them with a stamp and everything. After reading this thread though, I'm not sure if I should send it or just ignore them?

My case is a bit different. I park at the Fitness First car park near enough every day when I go to the gym, for some reason, I received a charge notice for parking there 10 days ago :/

The way it works is I park in the car park, go to the gym, and in the gym there is a touch screen that lets me enter my license plate number. For some reason it didn't register with their system that time.

My argument in the letter is I followed their instructions and they can request the CCTV from the gym and confirm I was at the gym and I used their little touch screen, so it was an error on their side. They can also verify I park there very frequently.

Should I send this letter or just ignore them?

Just ignore them. The so-called "appeals" process is a sham designed to ascertain the identity of the driver. 99.999% of the time the "appeal" will be rejected.

Thanks, will do :)

Heh, it's a good business this. So basically anyone can drive around, writing down random people's license plate numbers, then send them letters a few weeks/months later asking they use one of the "automated payment methods"?

The letter from ParkingEye only has 1 number, a website and an address, and calling the number just gets you to the automated payment system - there is no way to even speak to a person here :|

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, i recently got a parking fine for parking in parent and child at an ikea store in nottingham. The fine was issued by parking eye. There were no signs up to indicate this was a restricted bay. They have photograpic evidnece of my veichle. I also took photographs of my car in the bay and forwarded this to them with a letter of appeal containing all of my personal information. Shocking i know, but my appeal was unsucessful, so i sent a 2nd appeal to them, and again it was unsucessful. They said that their car parks comply with the legal requirements for signage in carparks, and that their fine is not unlawful and would most definately stand up in court. My fine currently stands at £50.00. Iv read up on your posts but i live at home with my dad, and i do not want bailifs knocking on my parents door for me, or them taking my car away from me for the sake of a £50.00 fine. I don't want to go through court either. Im clueless about these things and the legal side of this stuff and my rights, i just don't know what to do. please help! :|

I am afraid you need to be educated about this. It's not a "fine" , it's an invoice. P&C spaces have no legal standing on private land. There are no "legal" signage requirements on private land and bailiffs will not come calling. For that to happen it would have to go to court (very unlikely) you lose (very,very unlikely) then you refuse to pay whatever the judge orders within 28 days. This is such a remote possibility it's not worth worrying about.

From now on do not communicate with this company and ignore all correspondence from them. You don't owe them a penny. Please read other threads on here which deal with private parking tickets for further reassurance.

The only time Parking Eye went to court, they were the defendants and they lost.

Hi Guys, I am new to the forum but I've ran into a "problem" with Private Eye.

There was a shopping centre car park which used to be free. However, now they used to start charging for parking there. Unfortunately, I didn't know of this change. The first two hours were free then after it was not.

I parked there around everyday for a month. Around 5/6 days I parked there over 2 hours. Only today I realised the parking was not free.

The sign was fairly visible but it was dark so I couldn't see it as I was parking around 9 oclock at night (when the car park would have like 2 cars in it!)

I know generally that these "fines" (really, pieces of paper which hope to rob you) are unenforceable and they will not take you to court, but will the amount of times I have parked there be a problem? They will not be hunting down £110... they might be hunting down £550.

A few things are on my side.

1. the fine (invoice) is sent to my mum who is the owner of the car... they have a photograph of me in the car, but are so far pursuing a claim against my mum.

2. why will they bring it to court? I am a lawyer, fairly sure driving into a car park every night, and on occasions breaching the 2 hours limit, is solid evidence that I in no way consented to enter into this contract.

What do you guys think I should do? I am just going to ignore these fines till the day I die... (especially considering I was driving and the letter has been sent to mother dearest!!!!)

What is your advice?

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I need help please,

I'm a lorry driver and received a charge from parking eye , for overstaying the 2 hour free period ,by 1 hour and 29 minutes.

So here's problem i have been named as the driver by my company ,and got the letter from parking eye, what will happen if i ignore it

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Nothing will happen.

Your life will continue on the same path as it is now. For example:

You may continue seeing that blond girl at the office..

The wife might still have the window cleaner in...

Your football team will be doing very badly.

All the time the above are happening you will get hollow letters from parking spy which won't affect you in any shape or form.....

So here's problem i have been named as the driver by my company.

I agree that is the problem, You need to educate your company not to give out private details to any third party that simply asks for them. A PPC is NOT a lawful authority so your private details should never be revealed to them. Perhaps it's incompetence on the companies behalf or perhaps they need educating, either way you need to advise them.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.