MBNA Postcard

jlhmside
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5719 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

My boyf and I have bought a new house which we are currently decorating. I have changed no details with any banks yet as we havent moved in so I didnt feel safe allowing personal documents to go to the new house.

I have just been up to the house and through the door is a sunflower postcard from MBNA stating that someone will call from the week beginning the 18TH August.

How did they get the new address without me giving it to them?

How do I stop them calling?

I have written to them to try and negotiate a repayment plan (which I am currently sticking to) to which they havent responded.

ANy thoughts?

jlhmside

Halifax Bank Acc - WON 8/3/2007

Halifax CC

Halifax CC2

Capital One - LBA sent 18th April

Barclaycard - request for repayment sent 25th April

Abbey Bank Acc - Waiting on statements

MBNA CC

Egg

:eek:

If you have bough the house then your mortgage details would be on your credit file which they would have access to if you have an account with them.

It is possible that this is for the old residents unless it is actually named to you etc.

• Haha 1

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal Experiences/Mistakes lol...

Hello

My boyf and I have bought a new house which we are currently decorating. I have changed no details with any banks yet as we havent moved in so I didnt feel safe allowing personal documents to go to the new house.

I have just been up to the house and through the door is a sunflower postcard from MBNA stating that someone will call from the week beginning the 18TH August.

How did they get the new address without me giving it to them?

How do I stop them calling?

I have written to them to try and negotiate a repayment plan (which I am currently sticking to) to which they havent responded.

ANy thoughts?

Hi :)

Don't bother talking to them on the 'phone. Keep everything in writing so you have evidence if you ever need to make a complaint.

Firstly, don't worry about them turning up at the house they have no rights to do that.

Here are some letters to help you with visits and 'phone calls. Log any calls you have from now on - always think about the evidence ;)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/131250-dca-creditor-harassment-telephone.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/131334-dca-response-threats-home.html

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Ignore my comment above about not ringing, i had mis-read your post.

Now, i see from your signature you are not completely new to doing battle! How old is this account? Is much of the balance made up of charges?

Have you done an agreement request or subject access request?

Is there unwanted PPI on there?

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

I also had a postcard from MBNA, I was not in arrears and when I phoned them about it they said it was a mistake and when on the postcard they said calling, it meant phoning me as apparently they could not get hold of me on the phone.