• Tweets

• Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
    • thank you you mean you got a notice of discontinuance? dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Capstone/SPML

Andrew66
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4722 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My first ever post on ANY sort of site! I`ve got a new one (Have not read about this so far) I had a good mortgage (Abbey) exchanged with additional lending to SPML. As advised by a broker that disappeared v.shortly after. And on a Buy to let.

Needless to say you know the rest.....It became apparent very early on that Capstone were adding an insurance to the property amounting to £50 p/m, and without my consent. I contacted them and things dragged on forever. I finally got a refund after 9 months or so, but only after I stopped the mortgage payment (with notice) then came there arrears management fees etc etc.

I requested that they give me written confirmation that they would not try to re-insure the property again without my consent. The property (one of 5 I have on buy to let) is block insured with a reputable broker and as per the terms of the loan, I send a copy of the policy to Capstone. Capstone have tried everything in the book to try to add this extra £50, even telling me on taking a card payment (when I stopped the monthly amount again) that hey would only take what was owed in the credit card transaction. But even as the guy was on the phone, he added the extra £50 whilst telling me he wouldnt!! outrageous.

That as you can imagine absolutely fuelled my case. I checked out this insurance to start with, and it turns out that it under insures the property in the event of fire and flood, and suprise.. it was £20 p/m more.

I wrote and wrote and wrote.... meanwhile their arrears were stacking up, I had agreed to pay the stopped payment after I got the refund, and interest on that payment but I have disputed the charges (litigation management fee etc) eversince. Capstone/SPML via TLT solictors tried a possession order, and I presented my case well. The judge was quite considerate of the fact as presented, and struck the case out with liberty to restore. I have been plagued by Capstone dept collection cold callers, even sundays at 8am. I have only answered on two occasions (whilst I was in the office with facts to hand) but generaly allways ignore.

Amazingly for the court evidence, Capstone very rarely reply to my requests or letters, if they do it wil be some mandatory answer that does not address the issue as set out to them. There are many aspects wrong with thier service which is I suppose the reason there is so much venom on sites like this. I have a file as thick as a yellow pages with regards to them, where as I have virtually no problems or correspondence with any of the high street banks that I have loan/mortgage facillitys with. with regards to the insurance, If I had time I swear I would be filing a claim in the SCC for harrasment. they just keep on. I write a letter enclosing the insurance certificate, I request written correspondence that they agree not to apply the insurance, within the month I get a letter trying to set up insurance. Mindless.

The most incompetent letter to date from the `Insurance team` states that as my insurance is for £0.00 they must insure my buildings for £97k and are setting up the payment. They have mis read the policy wording which states CONTENTS £0.00 as that is the tenants obligation! next to it reads Buildings cover £98k! now is that a simple mistake, sheer stupidity or underhand tactics. (How many other mortgages, especially Landlords just except this payment? what happens of the property burnt down? the insurers would add an average and I would receive 50% under Capstones arranged cover, less excess and costs and be left almost £60k out of pocket.) Insurance terms state the owness is on the homeowner to check they are not underinsured)

Anyway, we are due in court again shortly, although I have been extending the time (N244) and this time I will counterclaim for the insurance fees, interest on that amount, and a few other things I`ve spotted along the way. In fact if their solictors actualy took note of the case rather than waste all our time (again) by realising the blunders their client has made only on the day, and having no alternative but to go along with the court rulling to chuck out the claim, then they would realise this time that if you subtract the insurance and an overpayment, then they are actually trying to repossess for £125. And even thats in dispute.

Wouldnt be anything to do with TLTs solictors fee`s added to most mortgage amounts if they were succesful would it?

Anyhow will keep you posted of the events.

Hope everyone read the article in the Mail on sunday last week (now online) about capstone and SPML and others. I emailed the journalist on the spot with my case. And will continue to, until they print some of it. Furthermore, I have logged a complaint with the Financial ombudsmen, FSA -for what they are worth. And the insurance ombudsmen regarding the underinsurance block policy. Thinking aloud, who on earth are Capstone to even arrange the insurance. You dont get a window cleaner to install youre double glazing do you!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to CAG :) Excellent post, sounds as if you've got the measure of Capstone, you've certainly done your homework and it showed in the result you got in court - well done. Glad to hear you're still fighting them!

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi ELL-enn, thanks for the warm welcome.

One thing I`ve not been too successful in finding out as yet... in court (March 2009) the Dj stated `I can not help you further until after April` what legislation changed/came in April or after.? with regards to a possession hearing, property law etc ? any factualy based ideas would be helpfull.

• 2 months later...

I complained to FOS about the charges and they passed it on to Capstone and they responded by sending a complete statement from when I took out the mortgage. No breakdown of costs of course. The FOS said they would take no further action unless I complained again.So I'm going to. They seem fairly toothless. Anyone got any more info on Capstone/SPML and insolvency?

A+L S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July. Statements rec'd 01 Sept. Letter requesting repayment of £4,979 sent 18/09 MCOL sent 15th Nov £6389.57. Cheque received £6425.54 4th Dec.:D

MBNA S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July, promised reply by 28th August. Cheque rec'd £250 31 Aug.:confused: . 2nd letter sent 7 sept for rest of charges to be returned. £243 rec'd 28th Oct:D

CCA sent 1st Credit 11th August, reply 15th Aug

Request for repayment Rooftop Mortgages for £1095, reply saying no on 17th Aug.

Still to come: Cap. One, Time retail, HFC Bank.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest MamaG1

As I heard from no one, I have sent this letter to them and I await their reponce, but in the mean time.

They have sent me another letter the DCA. They also called but I didnt respond. They wrote and asked me to contact them by phone. Immediately. A day after I sent them my letter, I dont know if theyve received it or not yet.

The letter is in my tread on the repossesion section. please have a look.

I have not called them.

Edited by MamaG1
edited with lette sent

Guest MamaG1

Dear all,

Please help.

I received a letter from the DCAlink3.gif after sending them a Subject access requestlink3.gif.

The followign i s what ws sent to me. Only 4 sheets of paper as follows

Noe a different DCA name, I think th eoverall company now.

My name

Account number-

Thanks you for your letter dated ... April 2010 and payment of £10.00 for the above account.

Furhter to your request of subject access rights under the data protection Act 1998. I am enclosing a copy of the data held on our files about you.

If you require any further assistance, please do not hesistate to contact me.

Yours sincereley

Strange Name

Data Controller.

They then included another 3 sheets of paper

1. Database maintained by ... name of DCA

Name

Address

Account no

Client

Dates of supposed calls and letters etc. less than one page.

2. 2nd page of document- Reads

Statement of Account at 30/04/2010

Original balance £103,729.43

Current balance £103,729.43

Account no

Date Transaction type Description Amount Balance

3. 3rd page

A logo for the DCA

Personal details for account Ref: 103013960

Debtor details like a snap shot of the screen

on the snap shopt has name account no and telelohpe no, Address the one they are sending me lettters now at. and a date in 2009.

HOwever the Subject access requestlink3.gif , I sent to Capstaone came bacnk asnd they were asking me to confirm that thi sis now my address I can be contacted at and that I should isgn the letter and return to them.

Can some one please advise me.

I have a copy of the letter I send them last on my thread,p under repossesion- Reposessed and SPML now asking for £103k please have a look and try advise me.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried to make weekly standing order payments to Capstone? I want to go down this route but they say no. Surely if they're getting their money I don't see what the problem is?

A+L S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July. Statements rec'd 01 Sept. Letter requesting repayment of £4,979 sent 18/09 MCOL sent 15th Nov £6389.57. Cheque received £6425.54 4th Dec.:D

MBNA S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July, promised reply by 28th August. Cheque rec'd £250 31 Aug.:confused: . 2nd letter sent 7 sept for rest of charges to be returned. £243 rec'd 28th Oct:D

Has anyone tried to make weekly standing order payments to Capstone? I want to go down this route but they say no. Surely if they're getting their money I don't see what the problem is?

Hi, at one point I had an arrangement to pay them weekly by debit card.

They seem to have somehow lost my last monthly payment... (I have receipt)

:???: what account did that get paid into ???? :)

Sounds interesting.....might call them tomorrow and bug them about it again.

Hi Guys

I read this the other day and wondered how it affected things in court. It was from the fsa website and it stated that not all credit agreements have the protection of the consumer credit act 1974.For example, credit agreements involving limited companies.

On checking my files my original agreement which i signed with SPPL is Ltd and capstone mortgage services is also a limited company. So does this have any bearing on things. I am a little confused because it also says on the original agreement (fixed-sum loan agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974) I am confused does anyone know anything about this conflicting information?

Any info would be great thankyou cher69.:)

• 2 months later...

Been sent an eviction notice for 18th August at 2 pm. have spoken to a specialist who will provide legal representation etc. Costs a bit but hopefully will be worth it.

What sort of specialist? is it a solicitor? and what exactly are they going to do for your money?

If you are able to pay towards the arrears each month then you should be able to get the eviction cancelled by filling in an N244 with a good statement?

Can you give a bit more details about the events that led up to your receiving the eviction notice.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

In court tomorrow at 10. Solicitor very positive that we can get this overturned, been through income/expenditure and can offer £100 off the arrears every month. Going to mention the fact that I was on anti depressants for a while in June owing to everything going wrong, but now have steady income and wife is working and has an interview on Thurs. Must work in my favour!

if 100 per month is leaving you dry then reduce the arears to 50 or even forty ,you need to be able to save some monies just in case you have a mis hap or something so i would advise only pay just what you feel you can comfortably afford,especially if you have kids cause they will cost a packet in clothes etc....

patrickq1

In court tomorrow at 10. Solicitor very positive that we can get this overturned, been through income/expenditure and can offer £100 off the arrears every month. Going to mention the fact that I was on anti depressants for a while in June owing to everything going wrong, but now have steady income and wife is working and has an interview on Thurs. Must work in my favour!

Good luck

Let us know how you get on

Hello all, well eviction was suspended, got to carry on paying £50 per month extra. The SPML solicitor didn't show up, so I was in and out in about 2 mins! My sister said I should send Capstone a bill for stress caused etc.

Guest MamaG1

Well done, that is fantastic news, you waded them off.KIeep up the faith and the good fight please!!.Dont give up.

• 1 month later...

Got to go back to court on Dec 7th. Capstone solicitor says they were not informed of new hearing. Has anyone got any more info on the current trading status of SPML/Capstone? I sent them a letter a month or more back and have had no reply at all! Furthermore, not sure if I like the way this site is now set out, find it harder to look around.

Yes andrew I have i set up a standing order for the date i wanted to pay and the amount i wanted to pay and as far as i am concerned they are getting their money in the month they are due to get it the monthly payment plus an amount off the arrears. There is jack poo they can do about it if u can prove u are paying them an also they can not dictate how yu should pay them it is up to you as long as it is paid. they are *******s treat them as such!!

• 3 weeks later...

Well,had on offer of£125k for the house, mortgage balance is £126,500 plus agents fee of £3k. Anyone know if SPML/Capstone might do a deal on the mortgage of£120k? The original mortgage was £114k, their fees and charges and arrears have put it up to the above amount. I'm desperate to get shot of this lot and rent for a while.

Capstone said the other day that I was 32 months in arrears! They've divided £12000 by my monthly payment to get that figure. I've had the mortgage for 52 months, and I know I've made more than 20 payments! And about £4000 is fees, charges and interest! Does anyone know if SPML are trading while insolvent?

If you want shot of this issue me personally I would do the deal as if capstone get their way they will sell and accept alot less. Once you are cut and shut of the property go after capstone for their charges they have added to the account quoting the FSA are not happy with the sub prime market and have fined 3 lenders for poor conduct and their charging regime.

• 2 months later...

London Personal Loans ( LMC/Capstone/Acenden ) have a second charge on our house. We originally borrowed £45000. We fell into arrears with them to the tune of £4800. We decided to put our house on the market. Advised them that this was the case and that we had accepted an offer and that we were exchanging just before xmas. They have raised a possession order and are due to take us to court on 10jan. We are actually completing on 7jan. I sent all the paperwork they asked for when we originally accepted the offer on the house, also informing them of my solicitors details. When he wrote to them for a redemption figure, they eventually wrote back saying that I had not given them written permission to release the figure. I called them on 31dec and they confirmed that they had my solicitors details and that they would fax over the figure. As of this morning they still hadn't done it, so I called them yet again and they promised to do it, but it would have to go to Lightfoots first ( their solicitors) so they could add their fees. I have told them to jog on and that I'm not paying them as they knew when they raised the possession order that we had sold the house. The thing is, they have given me a redemption figure of £52000. Bearing in mind that we only borrowed £45000 4 and a half years ago, plus we have made payments totalling £18000 over that time. so we are actually paying them £70000 which is daylight robbery. It is now too late for us to try and fight this as we complete in 3 days, so we will have to give them the money and try and claim it back afterwards. They have never sent me a copy of my original contract and never any notification of charges, so now I will have to fight them through my solicitor. Does anyone have any idea about the best way to deal with this? Thanks Lou

Also, I can't get onto the capstone action group's website. Does anyone know what's wrong with it?