Experian - Did You Know ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5730 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Normally from you postggj,

It's in the small print when you apply for a loan or credit card. 'We only share your information within our own company' Given that the major players are in cahoots with each other and sometimes owned by each other it's not surprising that this type of info. is passed about.

Two good threads for you :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/112019-warning-requesting-credit-ref.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/credit-reference-agencies/112671-cag-cra-r-club.html

Scary stuff :eek:

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

ok people, this is interesting

thanks to cag i have a clean credit file, no defaults or ccj

last week i discovered hbos had re registered a default. they were quick enough to remove it once i pointed out the errors of there ways.

what i would like to know is, have experian passed this default notice on to my active accounts, and on removing the default, informed them of the deleation.

is an sar the best way forward to get this info, or does it needs to be worded in a certain way to get that info released.

ime sure this is of interest to every one so as much imput as you can as i will be sar the three cra

many thanks

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Date: 15-8-2008

Dear Sir/Madam

DATA SUBJECT:

Your name

Your address

Please supply me with a complete breakdown and copies of all information held with your organisation.

Also details for every organisation that has accessed my data for the period which you hold records and any supporting documentation and notes.

Please consider this a request under section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998. I enclose the statutory fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply.

I previously subscribed to CreditExpert(or whatever), and also requested a hard copy of my credit file from you, which you provided dated **/**/****, ref: ********/**. You should therefore have all the details you require from me, but please let me know by return if you require any other specific information.

Thank you in advance for your assistance with this matter.

I would appreciate your due diligence.

Yours faithfully,

It has been recomended elsewhere on this site that you have to sign this one but do so through the line not on it and protect yourself from photoshop.

Thanks to others who have been there before.

Lex

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

&

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I think it's best to cross that bridge when we get to it. Post up any replys you get on that and we'll take it from there. Credit Expert shouldn't be a problem, they already have your details, lets see what the other two say.

Lex

&

I bet they will write back to you for your passport and other identification, they did to me and sent me a form for my signature. I sent their form back with details but did not send them my passport as I do not trust them with it. I told them that they have been sending me my credit reports and I gave them the reference of the last one I received from them.

In the bundle that I received from Equifax they had the traces/searches on in the bundle just the name of the organizations but not any paper work that they should have had to allow the organist ion into my private data.

I contacted Equifax to inquire about the 2 DCA's traces/searches and was told on the phone that they were their clients and signed up with them therefore implying that this is OK as the DCA were completely honest organization - I do not think so. I wrote back to Eqixfax stressing my concern and asked them what documentation that they relied to allow the organizations into my personal data.

I then got a letter back stating that one of the organisation was removed but the other one must stay as there was an outstanding debt owed to Thames/Barclays. However there was no paperwork/agreement to support this. I also SAR Barclays and they did did not have an agreement they have been looking since December 2007. Three times they told me in writing that all they have are internal statements. I got a letter last month from Barclay's stating that they are still looking for more personal data and will let me know when they turn up something.

By the way Barclays and Equifax were way of time sending my SAR to me Barclays sent me the SAR a month after the 40 days had expired and Equifax was about the same time late a month after the 40 days had expired.

I have sent everything to ICO for their attention. Hope I do not get back something in writing from ICO saying that the Equifax is not responsible for allowing DCA's to trawl over my personal data without my permission:mad:.