Halifax adding interest on DMP

rapterman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5727 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I need some advice about dealing with Halifax, I will try to keep the post brief.

I have been in a DMP with the CCCS for one year, all was going fine until two months ago when I got a statement from Halifax which stated a “late payment charge” and interest.

The payment from the CCCS was paid in on the correct date but they were now starting to charge me late payment charges and interest as they wanted a higher payment.

They didn’t contact me about any change in the payment plan, this just came out of the blue!

I wrote to them asking for the charges to stop, heard nothing from them until last month when another statement arrived with more charges and interest.

I contacted the CCCS, they spoke to the Halifax and they said that they “may” reduce the late payment charges but will not stop the interest.

I’m at a loss as what to do as the amount being paid to them to less than the interest being charged! There is little point in continuing the DMP with these people!

What are my options?

Are there any letters that I should send to the Halifax?

Thanks,

Hi

I'm on a DMP with CCCS and Halifax are the same for me. They want me to pay more each month in order to stop the charges but obviously I can't. They've been telling me for the last 3 months that they will pass the debt to a DCA which I wish they would as a DCA are more likely to stop charges and interest. I actually threatened to stop paying them until they passed it on to a DCA but they haven't done yet.

There is a letter on this forum (sorry not good with links) asking for a creditor to stop interest - so you could try sending them that. Unfortunately, Halifax are well known for this. They've been a complete nightmare for me.

Hi and welcome to CAG.

first of all what type of debt do you have with Halifax?

If it is a loan or credit card?

If so have you sent of a CCA requested yet?

Idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi and welcome to CAG.

first of all what type of debt do you have with Halifax?

If it is a loan or credit card?

If so have you sent of a CCA requested yet?

Idax

Hi,

I have a credit card with them.

I thought about sending a CCA request to them but wasn't too sure if its worth the hassle.

If they start messing me about then I think I will! :)

If I was to send for a copy of my CCA, is this the correct address to use:

HBOS Card Services

Pitreavie Business Park

Dunfermline

Fife

KY99 4BS

Its the same address that is on my credit card statements.

Thanks,

any registered address is fine so yes.

what's the hassell of sending off 1 letter that may put you in a better posititon?

if they do send back something enforceable, have you thought about reclaiming any charges?

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)