CCJ appeal ?

monkey1983

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5066 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ve just been notified of a CCJ registered on my credit file.!

I had a summons in July for £524. from a county court. This was on behalf of yorkshire water ltd.

I filled in the part requesting a payment arrangement and filled in my income details. I then sent this to yorkshire water as advised on the letter. Yorkshire water HAS sent me through special payment booklets.

I have not had any further communication with the court ? Not been advised that CCJ was registered....

Am I right in thinking I can apply to the court to have the CCJ removed?

I replied within the timeframe, confirmation as yorkshire water approved my request for small regular payments. - this is out of court settlement?

Also, I m sure they HAVE to advise me that a CCJ has been registered?

Anyone any advise? Do I stand a good chance of getting it removed?

If I d known about it sooner, I d have paid it in the month to avoid it, as it turns out, the 28days has now passed?

My husband only found out about his CCJ by phoning Northampton Bulk Centre to see how the case was progressing.. and the told him that the CCJ had been issued yet he never received it so therefore defaulted. As it was past the date for objection he filled in a form for variation, can't remember what it's called, sent it off and next thing he had a letter to say it had been removed by the local court.:)

The place to return the acknowledgement of service which came with the claim form, was the court, not Yorkshire Water.

By all accounts you admitted the debt and sought time to pay. The fact that you admitted and souht time to pay would have lead to a CCJ if you had sent the papers to the court. However, you seem to be saying you came to terms with Yorkshire Water which provided for Yorkshire to refrain from entering judgment.

If you have evidence that you came to such an arrangement which included provision that Yorkshire would not apply for judgment, then you could apply to set aside the judgment on the basis the judgment represents a breach of the agreement.

Please provide more information so we can help.

x20

It clearly stated on the papers to return it to Yorkshire water - with breakdown of income and proposed payment if I wanted to make payment arrangements - hence yorkshire water sending me out payment slips...if i contacted them within the given timeframe - which I did then the CCJ would not be done....also, I believe, once they had gone ahead with CCJ (the court), I should have been notified to give me the opportunity of paying within 28days and it not being registered.... i didnt receive anything.....just the fact that am signed up to the credit alert and I was made aware of a recent change - i wouldnt have known for ages!!!